Concur

www.concur.com
  www.concur.com
There are newer employer reviews for Concur

Watch as we change the way the world thinks about Employee Spend Management!

Current Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Concur

Pros

The culture is fantastic, the employees are almost universally talented, and the enthusiasm and general "buzz" around the office is extremely positive - and addictive! Our market is hardly penetrated, and our software is not only exceedingly good, but a true benefit to our customers. It's a 'feel good' place to work, with solid benefits, strong leadership, and an overall sense of family. Once at Concur, it's hard not to drink the Kool-Aid, as it were. Just a fantastic environment to work in -- the best of my career by far.

Cons

The growth in recent years, while great for business, is getting palpable. You can feel the growing pains, as we struggle to identify ourselves as the 800-pound gorilla in our market space. There's a certain sense of loss when you realize that more people work outside of HQ than inside it, and it's tough to feel like a community. However, within our own individual teams there is excellent communication and support. It would be nice, however, to see what other teams are up to, like we once could by simply peeking over a wall.

Please don't lose the 'entrepreneurial' spirit that Concur has always thrived on. We have always been a fighter, and as we grow larger and mature into a legitimate Company (with a capital 'C' - scary!), let's not get mired down with bureaucracy, procedures, and anonymity between employees. What makes us great is our community, and as we approach the 1000 employee plateau it's getting harder and harder to know who to go to for answers (although once found, that person is inevitably very knowledgeable and helpful - that much is still very much alive here). At one time it was possible to know everyone's name. Now you hear a name and don't know what they do or which office they reside in. This is tough for any company to overcome, but for continued success we have to all be on the same path, arm-in-arm.

218 Other Employee Reviews for Concur (View Most Recent)

Promising growth potential as a company but not as an individual

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Concur

Pros

Potential exponential growth if their service were to take off. They offer a good product and service but the market them poorly in my opinion.

Cons

Concur is still a fairly new company with no real career model in place. They blew though cash in a very rapid fashion early on in their start and almost went under. That has since changed but their free cash flow is still not great. There stock is already prices for near perfection in regards to their growth over the next 5 years. Any missteps will cause it and any options new hires get to tumble.

You need to grow sales faster and gain more market share before the rapidly growing competition catches up.

If you're lucky enough to work here you'll have a hard time finding anything to lure you away!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Concur

Pros

Concur has the best overall balance of any job I've ever held. The benefits are great and fringe benefits even better (hot breakfast every Monday morning, massage chair that rivals the real thing, dedicated ping pong room, pool table and fooseball in the kitchen, full locker room facilities for those that ride their bikes in, flexible work hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, etc...) the pay is competitive, and the management does a wonderful job from the top down. Everyone knows what direction the company is going in and if there are changes we are well informed.

Cons

Parking is bad unless you get here really early or tele-commute. Being located at the end of 520 doesn't help much with rush hour traffic. If you've been a professional job hopper you might find yourself in a position you don't want to leave.

Keep up the great work, keep us growing, don't lose your focus or the companies momentum.

There are newer employer reviews for Concur