There are newer employer reviews for Concurrency

You will not find a better company to work for!

I have been working at Concurrency full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In all my 20+ years in the IT industry, I can say that this is by far the best company I have ever worked for. The culture here is PHENOMENAL, all the people are top-notch and great to work with! Everyone pulls their weight to get the job done, and are willing to help others when needed.

The company greatly values its employees as seen by the generous compensation and benefits package, as well as how they promote careers through training and certification. There are plenty of opportunities to advance your career here, either technically or as a leader in IT.

As a leader in Microsoft technologies, attention to quality of work is also stressed. Process metholodogies are promoted here (Agile, MS SureStep) by the different teams working on projects.

If you enjoy a challenging environment with a variety of project-based work, then this is the place for you!

Cons

Consultants are asked to work on more than one project at a time, when necessary. If you are not accustomed to this, it can be a bit overwhelming.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fantastic company to work for with a great culture

Former Employee - Business Development in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Business Development in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Concurrency part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great company that is devoted to improving processes and solving problems for their clients. The company culture is one that values learning and pushing the envelope. A work hard, play hard mentality where everyone is willing to help and assist to get the job done.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment with technologies every changing and deadlines to meet. At times this can be a bit much if you aren't use to working hard.

Toxic Environment

Former Employee - Consultant in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Consultant in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Concurrency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Concurrency offers it's consultants a decent wage and benefit package. It also provides high end equipment to work with. In addition they provide opportunities to get Microsoft certifications which can be great for your career.

Cons

The company culture is extremely toxic to the individual consultants. Office politics are the biggest factor to being successful with the quality of your work taking a back seat.

Quality control is almost non-existent. For example I had the pleasure of debugging a 1,000 lines of code switch statement. Experienced programmers will know how frustrating this type of atmosphere can be.

Billing practices are questionable at best. You may be put into situations that border on being unethical.

The Brookfield office has a problem with temperature control. It is either way to hot or way to cold which makes it difficult to concentrate on your work. Seems like an easy fix, but it never got resolved.

Overall I believe your success with this company will depend greatly on your personality type. If you are the type of person that likes to keep your head down, and let the quality of your work speak for it self, then you should probably avoid Concurrency. On the other hand if you know how to play the game, and can win the popularity contest, you may be able to grow your career here.

Advice to Management

My advice is to focus more on the quality of work. I would also encourage better teamwork between individuals.