Concurrent Technologies Corporation

www.ctc.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Concurrent Technologies Corporation

Great place to work, but government uncertainity causes worry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

I have been working at Concurrent Technologies Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Great benefits (medical, tuition reimbursement, short-term and long-term disability, paid leave)
-Decent compensation, especially for the area
-Friendly coworkers, good managers
-Nice work environment
-Interesting work, learn something new everyday
-CEO knows the names of all employees and is very approachable

Cons

The uncertainty in the government right now, especially with sequestration, has hit CTC pretty hard. This has caused a lot of worry, and yes, layoffs, within the company. CTC continues to work on the projects already awarded to us, but new awards, and thus the retaining of employees and the hiring of new ones, has slowed immensely. This is something beyond CTC's control, but some worries might be alleviated if management would release updates to the company rather than keep some aspects of the company's financial worries and layoffs shrouded in secrecy.

Some executive leadership team members are not approachable and put off bad vibes into the company and into their lines. The majority of the leadership is decent and is actively working to better CTC and ensure that we survive this downturn, with the communications to show for it. Others keep mum.

Not much opportunity for growth in non-technical fields.

Advice to Management

Even in this uncertain climate, business development needs to do more. Not just churn out more proposals - they need to follow up on leads, meet with possible clients, do everything to ensure that CTC's name is still credible in the circles that matter and that clients understand that our work is still top notch.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Need to make major changes at the top

I have been working at Concurrent Technologies Corporation

Pros

Great people at the execution level.

Cons

Senior Leadership does not take responsibility for problems. Blame problems on those trying to execute. Very beaurocratic and not modern in organization and leadership.

Advice to Management

Get rid of upper management people not just the worker bees. Adopt more modern management styles.

Committment to Employees

Current Employee - Technical in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Technical in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Concurrent Technologies Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Having started a career with CTC (Pittsburgh) 10 years ago, I can testify that this company cares deeply about nurturing employee careers. I have had two extraordinary managers that were sensitive to and interested in growing my specific talents and and interests in a way that benefited the company ---- through focused project assignments and re-imbursing my masters degree. The managers are all given thorough training about resource assignment before starting their duties and I think it really reflects in the way staff is treated and nurtured. Further, over the years, CTC has hired some of the smartest people i know, true leaders and innovators in their fields.

Cons

The company is headquartered in Johnstown, PA - which is a difficult, time consuming and costly place to travel to. However, this problem has been increasingly mitigated in the past two years with great strides in IT with online video meeting capabilities, corporate instant messaging, and most significantly a cultural shift and commitment to communicating with resources everywhere..

Advice to Management

Continue the comittment to training and workforce development demonstrated in the past. CTC has hired some extraordinary talent. Continue the policies that keep star talent stars with strategic project assignments and training opportunities.