Condé Nast
www.condenast.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Slave Internship, All for "bragging rights"

Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsGreat name, prestigious, will open other doors for you in the future, get to learn about the corporate world,learn about the magazine business

Consvery rude staff, not much room for growth, VERY long hours, almost slave work, no positive reinforcement, no hands-on work, getting coffee, isnt the point of an internship to LEARN?...you dont learn ANYTHING, unless getting coffee/lunch/photocopies is "learning".

Advice to Senior Managementlet interns do more hands-on work, constructive criticism is essential...but so is positive. Upper management aka, the ASSISTANT TO THE EDITOR you intern for who is in their 20s could be a BIT nicer. Interns are enthusiastic and dedicated to learning, we are there to help YOU but deserve respect.

So far satisfactory

I have been working at Condé Nast

Pros: Conde Nast has a great benefits package, especially if you start out and… Cons: As any large company is, it is very corporate with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

horrible

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Condé Nast

Pros: Prestigious magazine/company, a way to get your foot in the… Cons: No compensation, long work days (sometimes well over 12 hours a day), poor treatment,… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your interns. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Condé Nast.

Worked for Condé Nast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Condé Nast reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Condé Nast CEO Chuck Townsend. All reviews posted anonymously by Condé Nast employees.