Condé Nast
www.condenast.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Solid job but leave if you don't find a patron after a couple years

Senior Web Producer (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsGood place to spend a couple years, maybe more if you happen to find someone you can hitch your wagon to. The pay's not great, but it's competitive.The work is sometimes interesting, if you wind up in the right groups, and it's hard, but if it's ruining your life, it's your fault, not theirs.

ConsGet out if you haven't found anyone enthusiastic about promoting you within a couple years; it's not going to happen otherwise. Leaving and coming back sometimes works, though. Regimes come and go, so you've also got to be prepared to bail or ask for more money every time they do.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt'd be awesome if the company promoted from within more, but then that makes everyone slightly less disposable, doesn't it?

Couldn't have been better. Would love to work there in the future.

Fashion Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Condé Nast as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Some of the most talented individuals in the industry. Seems… Cons: Competitive. The limited number of available job openings. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company to work for!

Art Department (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Condé Nast as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Conde Nast is a great company to be an employee at. They take great care of their full time staff.… Cons: Freelancers are not as well taken care of as staffers, but still worth the experience. It can very much be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Condé Nast.

Worked for Condé Nast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Condé Nast reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Condé Nast CEO Chuck Townsend. All reviews posted anonymously by Condé Nast employees.