There are newer employer reviews for Conductor

Rewarding, Challenging, Fun, and in general just a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Conductor

Pros

Conductor is a place where everyone's opinion, contributions, and work truly matters to the leadership team. very unique.

Cons

It's a start up, so you have to want to work for one to be happy here.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication, recognition, and listening to employees consistent as these are the reasons I love working here.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Why I Love Working at Conductor

Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Conductor

Pros

Conductor is the best place I have ever worked. We make software that helps companies make great decisions about Search Engine Optimization. Here are some of the reasons why I love working here: * The collective knowledge of our team runs wide and deep. Not only that, but everyone is generous with their time and wisdom, so we have opportunities to learn every day. * There are so many different things to do. We collect and process web-scale data, so if big data problems excite you, we tackle many of those. We build a beautiful, intuitive webapp to help our customers make sense of their data; if that is your thing, we need you. More importantly, no matter where you start, you will never run out of new challenges. * Our CEO, Seth Besmertnik, is one of the most passionate businesspeople I have ever encountered. He wants to build a company that is successful AND exemplary in the values it stands for. It's fulfilling for me to be a part of making Seth's dreams come true. * SEO is good business. While it is true that we are not housing the homeless or feeding the hungry (although we provide pro-bono services to Housing Works, which does), we make people's jobs easier, and jobs are a big part of people's lives. We are in a space that's growing quickly, which i$ exciting, too. * Our office is full of light. Whereever you sit, you get lots of daylight. * Our work neighborhood (Gramercy) is lovely and has many great lunch options. We eat lunch together most days and get free lunch on Fridays.

Cons

Communication from management could sometimes be more straight forward.

Collaborative work environment, good opportunities for hard working professionals

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Conductor

Pros

Conductor had a team of some very smart and talented individuals. Senior management was also extremely clear about communicating the company's vision and goals. Overall it was a pretty solid place to work. Work life balance is OK, but I suppose that working long hours are expected within a high growth startup. I would recommend Conductor to others, just make sure that you are very proficient with your job and communication skills, or you'll get left behind.

Cons

Long hours, pay was below average for similar positions in the field, constant change. To fit in you definitely need to want to work for a startup.