There are newer employer reviews for Confio

Great company with tons of growth potential

Current Employee - Major Account Sales in Boulder, CO
Current Employee - Major Account Sales in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Confio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough good things. It's a great work environment. Most people here have young kids and they understand that balance is key when managing a career and a family. I'm in sales and there truly is unlimited earning potential, you just have to work hard and you can determine your income. The office environment is fun but high-paced which I thrive in. The product is great; I haven't worked for a company where the product is so well received by prospects. The upper management seems to have an open door policy. If I've never needed anything I can go right to my manager or even to his. In the year that I've been here I've been very impressed by the transparency of management.

Cons

I'd have to reach to find a con at this point.

reviews filtered by
  1. One of Boulder's Best Startups

Former Employee - Major Account Sales in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Major Account Sales in Boulder, CO

I worked at Confio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Confio for 2.5 years in the sales department, during which time they more than doubled in all respects. In addition to the fun, flexible, and laid back "start up vibe" that I enjoyed here, I also grew my professional and technical skills. Upper management was committed to having knowledgeable reps who were part of the team. Having worked at other start up companies, I came prepared for chaos, change, and disorganization and Confio proved me wrong on all counts. I also found them to be very family oriented and striving to take good care of their employees.

Cons

Disgruntled employees are inevitable with rapid growth. Confio struggles to maintain the culture that makes the legacy employees so loyal while keeping up with the need for expansion, at the same time filling in for attrition. While I loved my time here, I think that for someone who has never been part of an early stage company it could be very difficult to adjust.

Don't buy into the top workplace hype...

Former Employee - Major Account Sales Representative in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Major Account Sales Representative in Boulder, CO

I worked at Confio full-time

Pros

Great niche tool that does provide some value as a point solution. A relatively low stress sales environment. Typical start up perks like beer in the kitchen and a small group of people where everyone knows everyone. Lots of allowances for family and babies both pre and post pregnancy.

Cons

Complete lack of professionalism from the CEO down. Management is inexperienced and unreliable. Senior employees are allowed to bully and in general be unprofessional at will. They are always hiring due to turn over more than expansion. The lack of accountability or any kind of logical strategic direction drives much of the turnover. Low pay scale. Lots of infighting and internal politics. Internal candidates are routinely passed up for promotion. When internal candidates are promoted they are usually left with no training or support and fail.

Advice to Management

If you are going to have a technically minded CEO make sure he takes advice from business experienced people. Not "yes" men hired on for their mutual lack of experience. If you set out to hire "A" players make sure you have a culture that retains "A" players.