Outstanding Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Confio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with the smartest of the smart without the egos that typically go with top performers is a pleasure and makes me want to show up early every day. A flat organization also means everyone contributes on many levels, plenty of chances to shine without having to wait to be invited! The company is very sensitive to family needs and to the competitive work environment, so they are always looking to ensure that the best opportunity for pay and work life balance is inside it's doors, not down the street.

Cons

Growing fast also means plenty of change. If you wanted a 9-5 with a promise of lifetime employment, you want to look elsewhere. Also, they don't compromise on their people, if you're not a top performer or can't prove it through past experience, you would have a tough time faking it through their strict interview process.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company with tons of growth potential

Current Employee - Major Account Sales in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Major Account Sales in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Confio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough good things. It's a great work environment. Most people here have young kids and they understand that balance is key when managing a career and a family. I'm in sales and there truly is unlimited earning potential, you just have to work hard and you can determine your income. The office environment is fun but high-paced which I thrive in. The product is great; I haven't worked for a company where the product is so well received by prospects. The upper management seems to have an open door policy. If I've never needed anything I can go right to my manager or even to his. In the year that I've been here I've been very impressed by the transparency of management.

Cons

I'd have to reach to find a con at this point.

2. One of Boulder's Best Startups

Former Employee - Major Account Sales in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Major Account Sales in Boulder, CO

I worked at Confio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Confio for 2.5 years in the sales department, during which time they more than doubled in all respects. In addition to the fun, flexible, and laid back "start up vibe" that I enjoyed here, I also grew my professional and technical skills. Upper management was committed to having knowledgeable reps who were part of the team. Having worked at other start up companies, I came prepared for chaos, change, and disorganization and Confio proved me wrong on all counts. I also found them to be very family oriented and striving to take good care of their employees.

Cons

Disgruntled employees are inevitable with rapid growth. Confio struggles to maintain the culture that makes the legacy employees so loyal while keeping up with the need for expansion, at the same time filling in for attrition. While I loved my time here, I think that for someone who has never been part of an early stage company it could be very difficult to adjust.