Confirmit

There are newer employer reviews for Confirmit

Solid Company if in the Right Department

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Emeryville, CA
Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Confirmit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Typical laid back SF tech culture
Vacation time ramps up pretty quickly and rolls over into next year
Many holidays (even Columbus Day, MLK Day, etc.)
Relatively flexible work schedule

Cons

Growing too fast (disorganized, too much "fat" that needs to be trimmed)
Low compensation compared to other jobs in the industry/position
Getting more bureaucratic with more HR policies and red tape
Some departments are poorly run and causes others to pick up the slack

Some of the hard line stances (ability to work remotely) are causing us to oust high quality employees. We should reconsider this. Also, sometimes we need to be the bad guy and get rid of some of the employees at companies that are acquired. Not all of them are suited for what we do.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Confirmit (View Most Recent)

great company in the early days, losing focus, too many levels of management

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Confirmit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

lots of vacation days
    great work life balance
    good learning experience

Cons

management is weak
    too many layers of management
    some employees are lazy
    they are losing their edge as a company, made some very bad decisions with certain aquisitions

listen to your employees, there are many unhappy ones
    cut the fat & reward the team members that perform
    get rid of weak middle management
    you have a great foundation

Confirmit is what you put into it

I have been working at Confirmit full-time

Pros

I think Confirmit is what you put into it. If you are focused on your work, improving, getting along with colleagues, you will do great. If you don't, well...

My current manager is great. Always looking out for their employees on both a professional and personal level with a hands off approach; as long as you complete your assigned work, contribute to the group by helping others when they need it, and check in every now and then to make sure everything is good, there are no problems. Business trips are usually flexible and the team is large enough now that people can cover for each other. An ideal situation for my personality type and working style. Also encourages professional growth as well. Did I mention I like my manager?

As for the people who work here - I've made some truly life long friends. They've come and gone, but I am still in contact with them and we still spend time together outside the office. No, I am not a "company man" type person (most of my friends are not from work) and happy hour isn't a religion - I just happened to meet some really great people at this company.

Work/life balance is very good. I've never had a problem with working remotely (though I prefer being in office to focus) if I had anything personal come up, and I never abused the privilege of doing so, so it works out for me. Also I have never been overwhelmed to the point of tears. There are waves of business like any other industry - but if I need help there is always help to be found.

Has a young start up feel; the company is getting larger so processes are getting put into place as it enters the mid-sized space. Remains to be seen how this will affect everything I said above.

Vacation benefits are pretty good since this is originally a European company. I have more vacation than I know what to do with (hopefully that doesn't mean I'm a workaholic?).

Cons

While I have enjoyed my time working at this company, there are a few things that could be improved. Management styles are sometimes inconsistent, even within the same business unit. I've had some really bad management, to the point of considering leaving.

Onboarding and training is pretty bad from what I've seen. We're very nice to new employees to help them get up to speed and make them feel included in office and social events, but some just flounder, and I'm not sure if that's because they're not right for the job or they are not getting trained well. For some of the new employees it almost appears like sink or swim. Sometimes you have people from the sales department asking questions to people in the technical department about sales questions - ask your manager (maybe they're afraid of their manager?).

Career opportunities are basically nil. There are a couple of layers of management between you and the C level execs, so there's not much upward mobility. Lateral movement from one organization to the next can happen, but not common.

Pay grade - it is a little low compared to the rest of the industry. Some very talented former employees had to leave because they got better pay elsewhere.

Tighten up the interview/hiring process. There are a lot of candidates and new hires who either need more training or are literally not capable of doing their jobs. Personality matters too. Hire people who want to be here or at least want to fit in.

There are newer employer reviews for Confirmit