There are newer employer reviews for Conifer Health Solutions

Resistant to change, cheap labor preferred over education and experience

Former Employee - Analyst in Anaheim, CA
Former Employee - Analyst in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are decent and the work we do is very important to the quality of care a facility provides.

Cons

Very few on staff were college educated. It was very clear within my second week there that independent thought is not encouraged. There was very little job security and few promotions. There were numerous people in our department that were there for over 6-10 years without a promotion of any kind. It was common place that department supervisors were routinely changed so when it came time for raises, people needed to prove themselves once again to a new face. It was also not unheard of that department roles shifted, once again changing the ability to receive expected raises and promotions. Redistribution to parallel departments instead of upward movement. In the several years i was there, none of the managers or supervisors were hired from within, and opportunities to compete for higher positions were not provided. Morale was very low and there is a very significant disconnect between management and the workforce. Complaints and efforts to resolve problems were not responded in a meaningful manner, and it was commonplace that people avoided complaining in fear of reprisals from management. Turnover was a significant problem.

Favoritism was a significant problem. Complaint systems that were supposed to be anonymous should be anonymous. Efforts to address leadership issues should be encouraged, not suppressed. This kind of vocal complaints can only help identify problems that need fixing. Fear should not be part of the work environment.

85 Other Employee Reviews for Conifer Health Solutions (View Most Recent)

Penny Pinching in all the wrong places

Former Employee - Patient Access in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Patient Access in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice coworkers. Free parking. An opportunity to work with new systems coming on line.

Cons

Low pay, terrible benefits, substandard equipment, everything looks like it came from a garage sale. Benefits that are not even created for this State (Blue Cross of Texas does not offer PCPs in WA).

You are a healthcare support organization so you might consider offering your employees decent healthcare coverage instead of the barest of bare minimums, PTO close to industry standards: benefits that some one could be proud to talk about.

Third party liability Collector

Former Employee - Third Party Liability Collector in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Third Party Liability Collector in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its a job that has benefits plus pay

Cons

I went through a 3 phase hiring process. I was given a job offer that i took time to think due to the pay rate (under paid). However, i was in the need of a job, so I accepted it. Because i took my time to think about it they retracted their offer. Extremely disappointing. Never knew taking time to think about an offer was so bad.

Very unethical to offer a job to someone and then retracting for taking the time to think about if the pay rate and position would be a great fit for the employee. Perhaps the company is well known but management makes it look horrible. I do not recommend this company to anyone

There are newer employer reviews for Conifer Health Solutions