There are newer employer reviews for Conifer Health Solutions

I feel Conifer has a very laid back, but structural work environment.

Current Employee - HIM Senior Specialist in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - HIM Senior Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Conifer has several pros. Bonus pay every three months depending on the overall department performance. Individual desk for all HIM employees. Shift differential pay based on each shift, including weekend shifts. 9 paid holidays. Vacation Days at the beginning. Health Insurance after 30 days of hire. 401k company matches 6%. Free parking for downtown.

Cons

However, like any company there are going to Cons. You have to use your vacation days for sick days. Communication can be very sparse. Help Desk can take to long to help with anything. Technical support is not always available when needed. Programs are not all up to date or could better programs.

Advice to Management

Communication can be better in person or by phone. Emails and text can be misunderstood.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Disappointed. Those in Charge do not understand Pt care , HIPPA or the laws of Nursing.

Current Employee - Case Mgt in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Case Mgt in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can work at home. Conifer has a good product. And co-workers really support each other.

Cons

Pay is very poor . No time off given but if it's requested the time is removed from your pto bank anyhow (this is being worked on ). No written p&p. Very unprofessional in communication from managment.

Advice to Management

It is against the law for LPN's to supervise RN's. Teach management how to comunicate appropriatly. Pay your employee's according to education and experiance. Actually try to hear and listen to your employee. Never disrespect or belittle anyone for asking a training or new policy question. Pay your employees for hours worked. Or know what it means to pay salary. Get rid of the quanity rules you have applied and concentrate on quality. Guaranteed your quanity would come up if Quality came first.  Throw out the monthly review that seems to be in the St.Pete office only. And approve time off.  We seem to get in a good manager and within a year they are burned out. Get a full time training staff. That trains only. And a job description in writing would be nice. Please make the fear of retaliations go away. It would be good for the CEO to go on the show " undercover boss " and go through the case mgt department training for just 2 weeks with hidden cameras. I am certain this is not the way it was created to run. I believe Conifer has an excellant product but health care professionals need to manage heath care professionals. It seems as if the company is loosing money because those reviewing the case managers work do not even know how to present a question for IQ let alone explain the answer. I truly believe this could be a great work place, alot is changing for the better. But until the middle and upper mgt learns how to be respectful of those under their supervision. It will continue to get bad reviews. I do hope to stay with conifer quite awhile. I see it wants to be six sigma. Which is great. But right now it is Scary. The team leads are awesome but overworked as well. Please don't allow my opinion to be mis understood. I want to see us do well. Today though I saw someone be totally degraded over the phone. This is not the first time and everyone hears it due to the lack of privacy in office.

2. Good environment, nice people and comraderie.

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and Commissions are fairly strong

Cons

Heavy top down push on day to day management. Managers execute only.

Advice to Management

be more collaborative