Conifer Health Solutions

www.coniferhealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Conifer Health Solutions

You better not get sick because you can't afford the doctor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy my co-workers, and I happen to really like my manager. I like what I do and I feel as though my contributions are recognized. My pay is decent but I know people who do the same work as I do who make about 15-20% more than I do.

Cons

Health benefits are the worst I have ever had from any company that I have ever worked for. I even work inside of a hospital but I cannot afford to get sick. We are only offered a high-deductible health plan and my in-network out-of-pocket costs are $5200 before anything is covered. I have even had to discontinue a necessary treatment that I have been on for years that I can't get covered with my Conifer-sponsored health plan, even though it has always been covered in the past with past employer's insurance. And the biggest disappointment of all is that because I work in Tacoma, WA, I can't get my co-insurance waived like those who work for Conifer near Tenet facilities can (we don't have Tenet facilities in Washington). All I know is that I work hard for this company and I do great work. But they will lose me if they don't amp up their health coverage and benefits that I have been used to having in the past. I work in a hospital for God sakes. But God forbid I get sick.

You are never going to retain quality employees in the NW region if you do not seriously start looking at some better health benefits. It's a serious problem here. It's a problem that causes anxiety and uncertainty in your employees in this market. If Conifer can offer better benefits in this region, I promise that your company will see better, qualified people who can provide quality results knocking down the doors to work for you. And while you may hire that person, that person will be looking for another job that they KNOW will provide the benefits they need, when they should be feeling secure and happy where they are.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Conifer Health Solutions (View Most Recent)

Okay company, has several glaring problems from the top that trickle down.

Former Employee - Director in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Frisco, TX

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Growing company in a great business market with great backing from parent Tenet Hospitals and partners like CHI. Benefits are above average coming from previous Fortune 100 experience. Compensation is par with market. Has new headquarters in Frisco, TX, its either love or hate depending on the person.

Cons

Work-life balance is terrible, has "old world" leadership that doesn't really believe in remote or virtual working employees. Executive leadership wants underlings in office when they are in office which varies from 7 am to 7 pm depending on the executive, but they don't care and expect people to be there. Company leadership is extremely political, you will notice a great add value group receive zero budget and executive support, while another group with executive backing receive huge budget dollars with zero payback/value add in any foreseeable future.

It's a brave new world out there, adapt of face losing or not attracting top talent. Embrace diversity, just because someone doesn't think exactly like you doesn't mean they are an idiot. Try communicating with employees, gathering facts and using employee feedback instead of just taking a biased or skewed view point from one group or person's critique. Some senior leaders are out of touch with the functions or operations of their area, this is going to help you in the long run.

Great company with great potential...needs to innovate and automate more

Current Employee - Contractor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Contractor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

great people, working space and growth opportunities

Cons

need to be more aggressive at driving automation throughout the organization

hire more talent that challenges status quo thinking...

There are newer employer reviews for Conifer Health Solutions