Busniess Management 101

Former Employee - Director NA Sales in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Director NA Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Conklin-Intracom

Pros

Learn the IPTV marketplace and competitors

Cons

poor upper management, no communication; even when asked !

Advice to Management

show up for meetings; hold meetings on a regular basis. let the employees know what is oging o and what are the targets for the year, and quarter. what to focus attnetion on !

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Average. Pays the bills but company is declining because tied to Greek parent and poor economy

Former Employee - Engineer in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Duluth, GA

I worked at Conklin-Intracom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's was an average place

Cons

Company is not growing. Needs new energy.

Advice to Management

Need to become more vibrate. Place feels stuck

Career suicide

Former Employee - Anonymous in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Duluth, GA

I worked at Conklin-Intracom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pays on time, so far. There are some good folks working here.

Cons

You will not be challenged. You will not flourish here. Women are discriminated against, and gender based derogatory comments are not uncommon. If you are a woman, and are offered a job here, know that they are looking to ramp up their numbers to appear as if it is an EEOC compliant company. If you are a woman, and accept a job here, your contributions will not be considered and you will become part of the furniture. The company is struggling to keep its financial head above the water. Promises made during interview process are not honored. If you choose to accept a job here, get everything in writing. Morale is extremely low across the board for all employees. Execs are strangling this company to death with their mismanagement of company finances, wasteful habits, use of company funds for personal travel and expenses, lack of transparency and micro management. There are no strategies in place, lead time for projects are unreasonable due to leadership's lack of technical knowledge. Unethical practices concerning partnerships and contracts. I've been asked to strong-arm partners, and to lie to customers and in our public communications. Finally, I was asked to post positive comments on glassdoor to draw in talent. I cannot, in good faith lie about this company on glassdoor, since it is a trusted resource I use when looking for employment. Do not make the same mistake I made. Do not accept an interview, much less a job, at this company. I wish I had not.

Advice to Management

#1 Treat the women working at Conklin with respect. Do not make derogatory remarks, even in jokes. Put in some effort to actually strategize and manage operations at a high-level. Have some appreciation for employees who are not in the executive team. Getting what you want is not always in line with what is best for the company and its employees. You and your over-inflated egos are not single-handedly keeping the company afloat. The 'worker bees' are who keep the company going. So listen to, consider and respect your employees' contributions and concerns. Stop the power games and let the professionals you hired do their jobs. Stop bragging to customers about how much money you have, expensive toys you own and how much power you exert. This does not endear people to you, and can affect sales adversely. Do not assume that because you are willing to lie to partners, customers and employees, that anyone working under you is willing to do the same. If you really care about the company, its investors, and all the employees that depend on Conklin-Intracom, you will hold yourselves accountable, or better yet... resign.

Conklin-Intracom Response

Oct 1, 2014 – CEO

Thank you for your input on your time with Conklin-Intracom, we have read your comments and are doing our best to consider them in how we develop our team. I am very sorry to hear that you feel ... More