Conn's

www.conns.com
  www.conns.com
There are newer employer reviews for Conn's

What a horrible place to have to work!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Conn's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good instruction on sales.
I didn't really need the job, I just had some time to kill.

Cons

Pay is Horrible.
The staff is treated like total crap, probably worse than Walmart.
I almost got into a physical confrontation with a upper management black fellow in Houston. I was pissed, I had never been treated that way before in my entire life. Totally disrespectful.If you are a salesperson here, expect to be treated like crap, you are the scum at the bottom of the barrel.
Later I kept in touch with people from my class and as far as I know only one remained and he was miserable and broke.
Good place to work if you are a masochist.

need some sensitivity training and communications skills. Stop talking down to employees and treating sales staff as if they are children.

91 Other Employee Reviews for Conn's (View Most Recent)

Horrible Company

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Conn's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Initial Salary as Manager and training

Cons

Managers expected to basically be a salesperson and have a quota to meet but dont make commission of items sold.
    Change of salary when promoted, salary cut in half and rest of income comes from commission of items sold. Problem is you still have to deal with all the managers work and miss out on fresh ups, phone calls and finance approved customers that pop up in the computer.
    Horrible commission % on pretty much all items.
    They want you to sell the extended warranty which is extremely misleading.
    Hotline..........

Upper management needs to make decisions and stick with it. Please for the love of sanity have a efficiency consultant agency come in and clean house. Stop cutting sales commission when you can eliminate middle corporate people that just week to week change the plan o grams. I mean really is that all they really do is move stuff around and get paid for it. Give me a break...

Conn's has an aggressive experience sales team of professionals capable of closing any sale.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Conn's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They provide the name brand products customers desire and are willing to purchase.

Cons

Extremely long hours,however, to sell to customers one must be present and ready with a plan of action.

Giiving back to the community in some form would put the company on the front line of being a more family friendly company.

There are newer employer reviews for Conn's