Connecticut Children's Medical Center

www.connecticutchildrens.org
There are newer employer reviews for Connecticut Children's Medical Center

We are a family!

I have been working at Connecticut Children's Medical Center

Pros

Family Centered Care environment. I feel I have autonomy in my position and my decisions are backed by my immediate manager. I love coming to work each and every day.

Cons

Not all staff including management exhibit the qualities needed to be a top employer. Better consistency of making sure all management treat staff as appropriate.

Please continue to focus on making your leadership team the best it can be and if staff continuously complain about certain managers, please take it seriously.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Connecticut Children's Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Great company, bad management

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Hartford, CT

I worked at Connecticut Children's Medical Center

Pros

Great company to work for. Really care about patient care and families. I learned so much working on a med/surg floor. The kids are great!

Cons

Bad management on certain units which created bad attitudes in some employees. Management has favorites and they can get away with anything while you work your butt off. A lot of continuing education online which you don't have time for working days so you have to do it at home without getting paid. Can be emotionally draining seeing some of the childrens injuries.

Challenging work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Britain, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Britain, CT

I have been working at Connecticut Children's Medical Center part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Staff really cares about their jobs, students and other staff. Plenty of training is offered. Good benefits are very good compared to other similar work places.

Cons

Administration is more concerned with the dollar than with staff concerns. Once you questions something about the company you have a target on your back. Safety of staff seems to have taken a dive in the past few years.

Listen to staff regarding concerns. Encouraging staff to advance in their careers instead of trying to keep them where they are. Realizing that people have lives and things happen and not holding it against them or penalizing them because of it.

There are newer employer reviews for Connecticut Children's Medical Center