Connections Academy
www.connectionsacademy.com Baltimore, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

There are many good teachers who have to struggle with bad management, poor morale.

Secondary Teacher (Former Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

ProsThe parents and students are a good group to work with. Most of the parents are involved and caring. They mostly cooperate with teachers to help the students succeed. The office building is nice and new. The teachers are highly qualified and good as colleagues. You can work from home easily, as most everything is done on line or on the phone.

ConsThere is a new principal who is just learning the ropes and often seems surprised by some typical problems that occur during the course of the school year. There is a tendency to micromanage new teachers. You teach one or two online lessons a week, which limits the amount of time you spend with the students in the virtual classroom. The job is full of clerical duties, such as making records of which students attended the online lessons, which students have completed their Personal Learning Plans (teachers phone them four times a year and go over the same PLP checklist for each of the 40 home room students) and which students (and parents) have completed the online training material.

I like working for CA because it provides an excellent academic experience for children who are taught at home.

Elementary Teacher (Current Employee)
    White City, OR

I have been working at Connections Academy

Pros: First in importance to me is children can be taught at home with quality curriculum and highly qualified teacher assessment and support. I enjoy working… Cons: The downside to Connections Academy is for students who are really slow processors and… Advice to Senior Management: I would like to see an alternative format developed for general ed and special ed children who need a much slower pace. I would like… More

A much different experience than what i was expecting

Secondary Teacher (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Connections Academy

Pros: More time to teach, spend less disciplining. Can work from… Cons: Not a lot of interaction between office staff and work from home staff. We are paid less than other… Advice to Senior Management: Get better insurance coverage for your teachers. When we are at field trips we end up sick due to not being… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Connections Academy.

Worked for Connections Academy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Connections Academy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Connections Academy CEO Barbara Dreyer. All reviews posted anonymously by Connections Academy employees.