Nice Place to Work from Home

I have been working at Connections Academy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mangers are very helpful. I get paid 5-10 per student based on the course. No work is required on weekends or holidays. No one constantly looks over your shoulder.

Cons

There is a lot to learn

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Steady job if you can soldier on

Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Connections Academy full-time

Pros

The benefits are great and the work can be quite challenging at times. The company is still ever expanding at a good rate, adding about 6-8 schools per year. Facilities offer a good amount of perks such as coffee service and monthly breakfast and birthday events.

Cons

Some departments have terrible organizational structures that prohibit career growth. Leadership can be very "good ole' boys club", meaning if you don't work your tail off and kiss enough butt you are doomed to your current position for eternity. I know guys who have been here a decade and haven't gotten a break. Overtime is rarely given, so on occasion you will be forced to work extra hours to complete a project on base salary, especially if you travel to remote offices.

Advice to Management

Recognize people's achievements and embrace promotion within before ever considering outside expertise. You'd be surprised what ideas you current employees could bring to the table.

Avoid this company at all costs!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Connections Academy full-time

Pros

None--the micromanagement of administration and the general disrespect of teachers is the worst I have ever seen or experienced

Cons

This place should not call itself a school, it is a corporation and they only care about money. As a teacher I can attest that most students DO NOT do well learning in this environment and they enroll ANY student whether or not they can succeed. Teachers do not teach, we are "customer service reps" who are bogged down with menial tasks. If you want to work for a corporation and not a school and don't really want to teach then this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Start caring about learning and not just money and stop thinking of students as "customers"