There are newer employer reviews for Connex

Great experience if you're wired just like them

I worked at Connex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

young(ish) employee base, made good friends, able to see a lot of the business (finance, accounting, HR, operations, sales, etc.). Because it's a small firm, you have access to almost everyone.

Cons

The owners don't really care about their employees, they care about sales. Period. They are unethical, they lie, they steal, they don't have any loyalty except to money. They are loyal to money. Sales drives decisions, regardless of ethics, operational efficiency, public opinion, client requests, etc.

Advice to Management

Treat PEOPLE not EMPLOYEES. Have a longer-term vision in sight. Making short-sighted decisions doesn't help with the long term sustainability of the company or of loyal employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Excellent Leadership / Great Company

I worked at Connex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my time at Connex, I learned more about "sales" than any other company I ever worked for. Now a VP, I credit my success to David Martinelli, CSO/COO of Connex. I can speak for many current and ex employees when I say Dave will put you to work, but is working even harder alongside you. He is the most likable, hard working, and most importantly FAIR boss I ever worked for. I attribute my success today from watching and learning Dave's exceptional sales ability in action. He truly is the engine of Connex's salesforce. I strongly believe that anyone lucky enough to work under Dave's leadership will thrive and find nothing but success at Connex.

Cons

My commute was one of the only reasons I left the company. In regards to Dave Martinelli, some may say "it's his way, or the highway" which can be perceived as a true statement, but most of the time he is right, so people did listen and respected him even more for that.

2. Flexible nimble place to grow and learn

Former Employee - Technical Specialist, E-learning in Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist, E-learning in Burnsville, MN

I worked at Connex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A young entrepreneurial firm that promotes a lot of growth and learning. You may be sent around the world to train, or helping the CEO with his business plan, or running cabling up to the roof to set up surveillance testing. Whatever you want to learn here, you can give it your best shot and grow from it.

Cons

Up and down financially, sometimes subscriptions, and applications were canceled due to budgeting challenges. Sometimes promises from management go unfulfilled.

Advice to Management

Try to add more benefits such as 401 (k) employee computer purchase plan or discount plan, etc.