Connex

www.theconnexgroup.com
  www.theconnexgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Connex

Great experience if you're wired just like them

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Connex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

young(ish) employee base, made good friends, able to see a lot of the business (finance, accounting, HR, operations, sales, etc.). Because it's a small firm, you have access to almost everyone.

Cons

The owners don't really care about their employees, they care about sales. Period. They are unethical, they lie, they steal, they don't have any loyalty except to money. They are loyal to money. Sales drives decisions, regardless of ethics, operational efficiency, public opinion, client requests, etc.

Treat PEOPLE not EMPLOYEES. Have a longer-term vision in sight. Making short-sighted decisions doesn't help with the long term sustainability of the company or of loyal employees.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Connex (View Most Recent)

Open, fun work environment with some kinks to work out

I have been working at Connex

Pros

Being a small company, employees quickly get to know each other, and develop close bonds. The work atmosphere is fun and open, with a lot of friendly banter between coworkers and opportunities to relax and unwind a bit. Commission structure is attractive and not unreasonable, with fun desirable quarterly incentives. Advancement is based purely on performance, so top performers quickly get promotions/raises. Employees are given a lot of independence, with focus being more on results than the nitty details. Office is located in central business district near Wall Street, close to transportation and lots of places to go for lunch.

Cons

Management uses a very open, honest employee feedback system, and won't hesitate to openly call employees out on mistakes/poor performance. This can be pretty hard on people not used to it. Being a relatively young company, there's still a lot of details to be worked out, and health doesn't kick in until 3 months.

Focus more on being constructive with employees.

Solid Company - Smart Leadership

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Connex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pace to learn. Rewards & compensation are very fair if you put the time in. Money was good and I can't complain about that. Very reasonable hours / no weekends really. Easy place to work if you do what's asked of you. I liked the staff there...funny bunch of good people.

Cons

Still a young Co. While they have great ideas and they're slowly implementing them, they still haven't gotten to the place they want. They are definitely smart people moving in the right direction, but still not over the hump. Guaranteed when they get there, this will be a top notch Co. Personally, had I not needed to relocate for an ill parent, no way I leave there. I will stay in touch w. the Partners and hopefully do something down the road w. them.

Be as patient w. your employees as they are with you owners while we all see the long term plan. The good employees really want it to be a great place. Keep believing in what you guys are doing, if you ever go public, I'm investing. Thanks for the past 4+ years- I learned a ton. For good & bad...I really will miss you guys.

There are newer employer reviews for Connex