Connextions

www.connextions.net
  www.connextions.net
There are newer employer reviews for Connextions

My first call center experience--good environment, good managers, good pay

Current Employee - Vonage Tech Support in Concord, NC
Current Employee - Vonage Tech Support in Concord, NC

I have been working at Connextions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My managers were reasonable people and cared about their team members. Obviously no one is perfect, least of all me! The company provided a decent work environment which I enjoyed for over 2 1/2 years. The pay was good, and I was able to earn Pay For Performance incentives as well as Most Valuable Player awards. The health benefits were reasonable.

Cons

Tight on bathroom breaks - 10 minutes; and no cell phones at the desk. But they have to have rules, and I didn't have a problem with either of these. Some micromanaging by some managers but even that wasn't unbearable for those who did their jobs correctly and didn't slack on company time. This job isn't for people who can't deal with angry customers!

Less micro managing, but I guess this probably comes from the actual client--not Connextions!

222 Other Employee Reviews for Connextions (View Most Recent)

If you read no other review, please read this one.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Connextions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In a little over half a decade at Connextions, I've worked with some absolutely amazing people. Connextions would have gone under a *long* time ago were it not for the incredible team keeping the ship afloat behind the scenes. There's another reason, however, that's an infinitely more integral part of Connextions's financial success...

Cons

...it all comes at the expense of the employees. I, and nearly everyone else below the level of director, am paid *at most* two-thirds of what I'm worth, this according to every "average salary" website I queried. Not only that, but when you consider that each of the past 4 years the company-sponsored insurance premium has increased while coverage has either stayed the same or decreased, I've actually taken a pay CUT. I have seen many individuals who are responsible for literally *millions* of dollars of business for Connextions completely ignored in the "morale boosting" emails sent out by executives. I've never seen upper management so completely out-of-touch with the people who are responsible for their continued success. This is to say nothing of (absolutely non-existent) monetary recognition. Non-callcenter employees do not get pay-for-performance. You can code the solution to a huge problem, fix a million reports, solve a massive technical headache, work overnights/overtime on salary, close hundreds of helpdesk tickets... for nothing. No recognition, no raises, no bonuses... nothing. Not even the faintest whiff of a thank you from the higher-ups.

Please bear in mind that I *do not* work on the floor as a callcenter agent. They have it even worse: FTO, or forced time off, not announced until they've driven 30 minutes to work in some cases. Nearly impossible-to-obtain pay-for-performance. Inept management. Favoritism. If you *are* unlucky enough to end up a callcenter agent, come to work in a dress shirt and tie, be professional, nail your metrics/KPI and then enjoy your new position as coach/supervisor in a few months. I've seen it happen at least a dozen times. This is probably the only glimmer of hope I have to offer someone who's thinking of applying to Connextions.

The CEO of Connextions, Jack LeFort, is your typical detached executive. His belief is that unless you take on additional responsibility or "bring something new to the table" that you do not deserve a raise. Apparently the man has never heard of inflation or a cost-of-living increase. The sad thing is, I and many other people have taken on *huge* new responsibilities month after month, year after year, with no increase in compensation. I know of half a dozen people who've gotten promoted to a new position without an accompanying raise, even when its been promised to them. Also, even though Connextions now serves the top 7 largest insurance carriers in the country, the "benefits" are still a joke. $4,000 deductible on a plan with a $200/month premium? Really? How do you expect your workforce to be able to pay that on the pittance you send them home with? You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself, Jack. I certainly hope you don't consider yourself a Christian.

I and every co-worker I've spoken to (dozens, if not hundreds) feel the same. In short, you'll be overworked, underpaid, lied to, taken advantage of and ignored.

Actually live up to the oft-spouted motto of Connextions: Excellence always. Pay people a livable wage. Stop lying to applicants to make staffing levels for AEP. Stop hiring people from outside the company when you have talented people inside. And for the love of God, haggle with one of the many insurance carriers with which you do business and provide your employees with a halfway decent insurance plan.

Don't believe the Hype.......

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I worked at Connextions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get an hourly wage....You do get paid weekly.

Cons

Don't believe your "potential earnings". The only possible way to make this amount of money is by doing upwards of 20 enrollments per day, you don't even get enough calls to do this. The benefits are the worst I have ever seen and outrageously expensive. There is no room for advancement, there are no raises at this company. Rules and regulations change on a daily basis and you never know if one day to the next if you are going to have a job. There is so much "gray" area, nothing is black and white and you never know if you are saying something that is in "violation" which can cause you to be terminated immediately on the spot.

Quit Micromanaging....Know HIPPA guidelines and quit saying something is HIPPA when it isn't.

There are newer employer reviews for Connextions