ConocoPhillips
www.conocophillips.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Challenging, fulfilling and a great network of young employees

Analyst (Former Employee)
Bartlesville, OK

I worked at ConocoPhillips

ProsIncomparable compensation packages and a seemingly endless supply of new positions, locations around the world, and career paths. We have many team-building and morale-building activities and celebrations that add to the enjoyable environment also. I felt that my manager was personally invested in my career development and aided me in furthering my career, even when it meant transferring to another group.

ConsThe commute--didn't want to live in a small town and it's an hour of highway driving to get there from a larger city. It's also a long drive at our company headquarters in Houston, but that's more common in that metro area. I enjoyed traveling, but it could also be taxing for others with families/children/other responsibilities. Safety is hugely important but the company sometimes goes overboard.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue improving work/life balance and the intangibles that young professionals are seeking (things like telecommuting and more flexible work schedules).

Good first couple years, then downhill

Ops (Current Employee)
Trainer, PA

I have been working at ConocoPhillips

Pros: compensation is fair. Schedule is great. Cons: Kept in the dark Low morale Advice to Senior Management: Make leadership as responsible for mistakes as much as low… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

If you are an experienced hire be prepared for little guidance

Marketing (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at ConocoPhillips

Pros: Beautiful facility, pleasant environment, the people who are nice are… Cons: No true vision or plans for managing retail & marketing, priorities and goals for current year change without explanation or time for annual… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to separate downstream from upstream. Downstream will never get the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ConocoPhillips.

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ConocoPhillips reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ConocoPhillips CEO Ryan M. Lance. All reviews posted anonymously by ConocoPhillips employees.