ConocoPhillips

www.conocophillips.com
There are newer employer reviews for ConocoPhillips

Challenging, fulfilling and a great network of young employees

Former Employee - Analyst in Bartlesville, OK
Former Employee - Analyst in Bartlesville, OK

I worked at ConocoPhillips

Pros

Incomparable compensation packages and a seemingly endless supply of new positions, locations around the world, and career paths. We have many team-building and morale-building activities and celebrations that add to the enjoyable environment also. I felt that my manager was personally invested in my career development and aided me in furthering my career, even when it meant transferring to another group.

Cons

The commute--didn't want to live in a small town and it's an hour of highway driving to get there from a larger city. It's also a long drive at our company headquarters in Houston, but that's more common in that metro area. I enjoyed traveling, but it could also be taxing for others with families/children/other responsibilities. Safety is hugely important but the company sometimes goes overboard.

Continue improving work/life balance and the intangibles that young professionals are seeking (things like telecommuting and more flexible work schedules).

332 Other Employee Reviews for ConocoPhillips (View Most Recent)

Good first couple years, then downhill

Current Employee - Ops in Trainer, PA
    Current Employee - Ops in Trainer, PA

I have been working at ConocoPhillips

Pros

compensation is fair.
    Schedule is great.

Cons

Kept in the dark
     Low morale

Make leadership as responsible for mistakes as much as low level employees.

If you are an experienced hire be prepared for little guidance

Former Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX

I worked at ConocoPhillips

Pros

Beautiful facility, pleasant environment, the people who are nice are REALLY nice.

Cons

No true vision or plans for managing retail & marketing, priorities and goals for current year change without explanation or time for annual plan to gain traction, very political, innovation and creative problem solving not encouraged, department managers hired and retained despite poor performance in managing staff.

Continue to separate downstream from upstream. Downstream will never get the focus it deserves when competing against the high profitability of Exploration and Production.

There are newer employer reviews for ConocoPhillips