ConocoPhillips

www.conocophillips.com
  www.conocophillips.com
There are newer employer reviews for ConocoPhillips

Very bureaucratic and not diverse

Former Employee - Intern in Bartlesville, OK
Former Employee - Intern in Bartlesville, OK

I worked at ConocoPhillips

Pros

Good pay. Intern program is alright. Could've been much better, but the Finance and IT interns had it much better since they had a good HR manager. You get to meet a lot of people through Lunch n Learns. The problem is, the interns started separating a bit, with the finance group hanging with themselves, procurement with themselves, etc. Yet there were a fair number of interns who organized and attended social events outside of work hours.

Cons

Bartlesville is not very exciting.
Corporate bureaucracy is very very evident. VP of HR even said something along the lines of: "you'll be promoted based on how you are perceived...."
COP barely hires outside of Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, and Texas. So if you're coming from the north or anywhere else, you'll be alone.
For any prospective interns out there, this may all change after I write this because of the split. But I doubt there's going to be any culture changes. It's probably going to be the same boring corporate company like any other.

Be transparent; communicate with those down the hierarchy and promote based on intuitive characteristics

321 Other Employee Reviews for ConocoPhillips (View Most Recent)

Positive

Former Employee - Account Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ConocoPhillips

Pros

Benefits, People, Opportunities, Customers, Industry

Cons

Constant changes and loss of focus on marketing segment.

Listen to your field personel not those in cubicles.

Challenging, fulfilling and a great network of young employees

Former Employee - Analyst in Bartlesville, OK
    Former Employee - Analyst in Bartlesville, OK

I worked at ConocoPhillips

Pros

Incomparable compensation packages and a seemingly endless supply of new positions, locations around the world, and career paths. We have many team-building and morale-building activities and celebrations that add to the enjoyable environment also. I felt that my manager was personally invested in my career development and aided me in furthering my career, even when it meant transferring to another group.

Cons

The commute--didn't want to live in a small town and it's an hour of highway driving to get there from a larger city. It's also a long drive at our company headquarters in Houston, but that's more common in that metro area. I enjoyed traveling, but it could also be taxing for others with families/children/other responsibilities. Safety is hugely important but the company sometimes goes overboard.

Continue improving work/life balance and the intangibles that young professionals are seeking (things like telecommuting and more flexible work schedules).

There are newer employer reviews for ConocoPhillips