ConocoPhillips
www.conocophillips.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Very bureaucratic and not diverse

Intern (Former Employee)
Bartlesville, OK

ProsGood pay. Intern program is alright. Could've been much better, but the Finance and IT interns had it much better since they had a good HR manager. You get to meet a lot of people through Lunch n Learns. The problem is, the interns started separating a bit, with the finance group hanging with themselves, procurement with themselves, etc. Yet there were a fair number of interns who organized and attended social events outside of work hours.

ConsBartlesville is not very exciting.
Corporate bureaucracy is very very evident. VP of HR even said something along the lines of: "you'll be promoted based on how you are perceived...."
COP barely hires outside of Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, and Texas. So if you're coming from the north or anywhere else, you'll be alone.
For any prospective interns out there, this may all change after I write this because of the split. But I doubt there's going to be any culture changes. It's probably going to be the same boring corporate company like any other.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe transparent; communicate with those down the hierarchy and promote based on intuitive characteristics

Positive

Account Representative (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ConocoPhillips

Pros: Benefits, People, Opportunities, Customers, Industry Cons: Constant changes and loss of focus on marketing segment. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your field personel not those in cubicles. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good first couple years, then downhill

Ops (Current Employee)
    Trainer, PA

I have been working at ConocoPhillips

Pros: compensation is fair. Schedule is great. Cons: Kept in the dark Low morale Advice to Senior Management: Make leadership as responsible for mistakes as much as low… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ConocoPhillips.

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ConocoPhillips reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ConocoPhillips CEO Ryan M. Lance. All reviews posted anonymously by ConocoPhillips employees.