ConocoPhillips

www.conocophillips.com
  www.conocophillips.com
There are newer employer reviews for ConocoPhillips

I appreciate the learning experience, both on and off the job.

Current Employee - Analyst in Bartlesville, OK
Current Employee - Analyst in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at ConocoPhillips full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In Bartlesville it is the best place to work.

Cons

Being promoted has not been easy.

Know your people and what they bring to the table.

321 Other Employee Reviews for ConocoPhillips (View Most Recent)

The best mechanic job I have ever had

Former Employee - Mechanic in Linden, NJ
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Linden, NJ

I worked at ConocoPhillips

Pros

The company expects certain basic things of their employees such as being on time, not leaving early, and working safe. In exchange for these few things, they give you a generous benefits package, a decent salary, company savings plan, matching stock package, and many other perks. The company also supports employees participating in community service activities and makes provisions for you to serve the community during regular work hours with pay.

Cons

As a mechanic, I see a strong division between union and management which results in an "us vs them" attitude. This can sometimes create an uncomfortable environment.

Culture not ideal for diverse employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at ConocoPhillips

Pros

This is a stable company with a stable stock price and good benefits. Lots of opportunity for challenging work and global opportunities.

Cons

Very hierarchical. Ideas have to flow up through management channels and slow down innovation. There are many management perks like reserved parking and bonuses. There is also lots of favoritism for high potential employees. High potential employees tend to be non-diverse employees. They also bring in experienced hires but don’t like to listen to ideas from outside of the company.

Value all employees regardless of national origin, ethnicity, accents. Don’t jump to conclusions – assume employees are trustworthy and doing their best. Follow diversity initiatives with actions rather than just talk – and diversity of thought is great – but it doesn’t help unrepresented minorities feel welcome in the culture.

There are newer employer reviews for ConocoPhillips