ConocoPhillips

www.conocophillips.com
  www.conocophillips.com
There are newer employer reviews for ConocoPhillips

Great company - ethics and safety are priorities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at ConocoPhillips full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Genuine culture of safety. Employees feel like they matter and are empowered.

Cons

Work-life balance is a challenge for some groups. Overall the company is a bit "stiff" and doesn't like to have fun.

317 Other Employee Reviews for ConocoPhillips (View Most Recent)

Spent 34 years with Phillips and ConocoPhillips

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at ConocoPhillips full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

When you compnare benefits to the top 3 oil compancies, I should have interviewed with Cheveron and Exxon as their Retirement plan was much better.

Cons

I got caught up in the Conoco Vs Phillps management fight for control of the company that occurred in 2002-2012. How this happened was all of the top jobs went to the Phillipss guys, as truly as everyone knows , Phillips took over Conoco and not vica versa. The name of the company was a last minute deal that Phillips management agreed to get controil of the company. Unfortunatly, while the top layer was Phillips personnel, the next layer was alll Conoco Personnel. So if you were in that 3rd tier level and you were a Phillips guy, you might as well forget, once 55 came around, you would not get any salary increases as was told to me separately and if they could think of any reason, you were terminated at age 55 or as soon after..I can provide 15-25 names who left at 55,of who i knew.

quit installing a atmosphere of fear and retaliation. I literally saw heated arguements in the trading betweem grade 19 ande 20 managers. This made the employees in this group to only want to come in at 8 and get the hell out of there as soon as you can. Both of these managers were later promoted to Canada and then Hong Kong?Dubai. I am gone so i am just providing facts of what happen its up to management to check our the facts and addreess the issue. Terrible atmosphere

Overall good company fair pay and benefits

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at ConocoPhillips full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, fair benefits, many career opportunities

Cons

Lack of younger employee development, mid level management always changing

There are newer employer reviews for ConocoPhillips