There are newer employer reviews for ConocoPhillips

Operations Manager

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Operations Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at ConocoPhillips full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning experience, and a great team that truly supports you in every aspect of your career development

Cons

To be honest, I can't think of any! I truly loved my time that I had spent there, learned a great deal.

Modernize the 76 brand image! That would truly increase its desirability!

299 Other Employee Reviews for ConocoPhillips (View Most Recent)

My internship at ConocoPhillips gave me a great idea of what working at a refinery would be like.

Former Employee - Operations Engineer  in  Roxana, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Engineer in Roxana, IL

I worked at ConocoPhillips as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and retirement planning--generous company matching of my IRA contribution. The rest of the employees at my refinery were knowledgeable and willing to help out a college kid who hadn't even graduated yet.

Cons

Lots of levels with a complicated corporate structure--at the refinery I worked at, I had a mentor, a director, and a manager (whom I met) and three levels of leadership on top of that. Some of the technology was so old that no remaining employees even knew how to use it.

Give interns projects that they can actually make progress toward and whose results will actually be put into practice by the company.

Land of cubicles

I have been working at ConocoPhillips full-time

Pros

The pay is pretty good. Benefits (health insurance, bonuses, pension, etc.) are decent. If you are an engineer or geologist, you get better incentives than other functions (restricted stocks, etc). The company has 9/80s, which means some people get every other Friday off (but not everybody).

Cons

It's an uninspired place to work. Nobody loves their job at ConocoPhillips.There are lots of bureaucrats. The company is always a few years behind in technology. Don't be fooled by their recruitment tour or flashy website. The company doesn't have a strong brand or cohesive identity - people usually think I work at a gas station. ConocoPhillips doesn't even own gas stations, but doesn't put any effort into managing their reputation.

Catch up with the rest of the 21st century and become a brand employees can associate themselves with.

There are newer employer reviews for ConocoPhillips

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!