Conover Tuttle Pace

Overall Not a Cool Place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Conover Tuttle Pace

Pros

Cool atmosphere. it feels more like an ad agency than anything else. Cool office. PR team is awesome. They do great work for great clients.

Cons

During my stay at CTP, I really only got to know a small group of people. Everyone kind of stays within their own team - which is to be expected, but coming from another agency where everyone interacted, it wasn't my favorite aspect.

Not sure there's anything management can do about it. Keep the culture happy and interactive. Add more PR people!

10 Other Employee Reviews for Conover Tuttle Pace (View Most Recent)

Efforts Placed in All the Wrong Areas...

I worked at Conover Tuttle Pace

Pros

- Very talented creative team, this agency is creative focused to the MAX
    - Client base is full of fun sports and entertainment brands
    - Growth has been stable and consistent
    - Great office centrally located in Boston's North End

Cons

- Compensation is well below industry standards
    - Benefits are limited due to company size
    - Senior Management spends too much time developing their own clients and no time cultivating their team
    - Zero mentoring, if you a looking for someone to set an example for you this is not the place to be. No time is dedicated to professional development or internal team growth
    - "Fake it till you make it" mentality has been strongly adopted. Many tasks and pieces of business are pitched/acquired without the internal knowledge or skills to execute. As a result programs are failing.
    - No effort is placed on ROI, not sure how client roster is maintained without being held accountable for their return on large investments

- Work harder on building the people around and pay people what your competition does. The excessive turnover would reduce greatly.

An amazing internship experience

Current Intern - Creative Intern in Boston, MA
    Current Intern - Creative Intern in Boston, MA

I have been working at Conover Tuttle Pace as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

CTP has been my home while I cross the divide between graduating college and moving to a full-time job. The agency provides a wonderful support base for interns as they begin their careers in Advertising & PR. However there is no hand-holding here. Your internship is what you make it. As a creative I was fully responsible for delegating my own workload and judging how much to take on at any one time. I found this was a necessary and much-needed push to prepare myself for the next step.

Cons

I don't consider this a con really but some people may be put-off by the lack of guidance. All it means is that you will be seen as an intern, seen as a temporary part of the agency who doesn't have much to contribute, unless you put in a solid effort to contribute to projects and show what you are capable of. Each campaign will be handled by a different-sized team so it is up to you to work with as many different people as you can.

Also, this is a small company so there will be limited growth opportunities. Don't assume that you will be hired here even if you are a star intern. However, CTP's reputation should benefit you moving forward.

Keep up the support of students and new graduates.

There are newer employer reviews for Conover Tuttle Pace