Consolidated Graphics
www.cgx.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

YOU have to carve your own path

Leadership Development Program Associate (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at Consolidated Graphics full-time for more than a year

Pros-Leadership opportunities from the get-go. (Filled in for a manager who was out for a month after working here for 3 months)
- Overall, good company moral (at the individual company in Denver), for CGX, it seems to be OK-- everyone will always gripe.
- Willing to train you for 3 years
- Push you to set goals and then expect you to meet them (this is where YOU carve your path)
- Get to deal with high-profile clients at an Associate level

Cons- Long(er) hours -- 9/10 hour days
- Mediocre pay & benefits (blame corporate, not the operating company)
- If you want bigger, better, positions, you'll probably have to move

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the operating company, try to keep morale up, even after layoffs-- participate in activities outside of work. Showing 'us' that you're one of 'us' goes a long way.
For Joe Davis-- work on LDP associate retention. While the LDP is your baby, heavy recruiting and hiring 8 new people in a year makes it difficult. It makes operations resent the LDP as well as higher turnover for associates. Most of us can get jobs in other fields, but our operating company MAKES us want to stay-- until we aren't challenged everyday and get bored, then it's time to pack our bags and move on.

Overworked, under payed.

LDP Associate (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Consolidated Graphics full-time

Pros: Gain management experience. Rotate to find the area you want to… Cons: Glorified intern/personal assistant. Long hours with no appreciation. High turnover rate. Treated differently… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

OK Starter Company. Work Lots for Few Rewards. Get the experience you need then look for advancement elsewhere!

Leadership Development Program Associate (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA

I have been working at Consolidated Graphics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The Leadership Development Program is a wonderful training program that enables each employee to learn about the company from the ground up. It is a… Cons: While CGX offers many opportunities to learn and develop a professional skill set, upward mobility is limited. Many notable promotions require the employee to pack… Advice to Senior Management: Talented individuals are often recruited to this company. It is a shame that a competitive package is not offered. Many individuals are inclined to get… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Consolidated Graphics.

Worked for Consolidated Graphics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Consolidated Graphics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Consolidated Graphics CEO Joe R. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by Consolidated Graphics employees.