Very Disappointing

Current Employee - Ldp Associate
Current Employee - Ldp Associate

I have been working at Consolidated Graphics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are ambitious and willing to relocate you may be able to end up in a decent position

Cons

Very long hours for very little pay

Advice to Management

Show some appreciation for the hard work your associates do

Other Employee Reviews for Consolidated Graphics

1. It has been okay

I have been working at Consolidated Graphics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was not a difficult job to get and if you stay long enough there are some options for advancement. There are around 70 factories nationwide so it is nice to have some options for relocation

Cons

Printing is not a very profitable industry and money always seems to be tight. The only positions that seem to have a desirable salary are in roles which have a disproportionate amount of responsibility. The workload of a C.E.O. brings a paycheck that wouldn't reflect that. The benefits are also expensive and not that great.

Well rounded experience, cheapskate CEO & LDP director.

Former Employee - Ldp Associate
    Former Employee - Ldp Associate

I worked at Consolidated Graphics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-This is a very solid company; just look at the balance sheet. CGX, while not on par with RRD and Quad Graphics in total sales $, has considerably less debt and credit available. -I see negative reviews on here often that complain about lack of opportunity. This is completely false. All you have to do is raise your hand (and have an inkling of talent). Do you have to relocate? Maybe, depending on what you want to do. Is it hard to advance in this company? Not at all. -The company where I spent my time was very invested in the program, and the president & management team were all very

Cons

I decided to start looking for a new job when I found out two things. 1)CGX is bringing in new associates at a higher salary than I was making. And this was after 2 raises (I was in my third year)! That's right. I received the maximum raise my first year, and close to it my second year. Yet, there were associates being hired that hadn't even walked in the door for their first day of work with a salary comparable or higher than mine. 2) When you graduate and are promoted to a management/operations position, you are making considerably less than what CGX would pay to bring in someone from the outside. A graduate at my operating company was making $35,000 less than the previous employee who's position he filled.

Advice to Management

Starting salary is fine. Good annual reviews and reports from presidents should lead to higher salaries. A lot of associates are in vital roles their second/third years. COMPENSATE THEM. Increase salaries for veteran associates. When third year associates find out their making less than recent college grads, it's a swift kick below the belt. Just wait until I post this every day on twitter with the #CGX hashtag. How will that affect recruiting? :)