Consolidated Graphics

There are newer employer reviews for Consolidated Graphics

Not worth the drama

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Consolidated Graphics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of anything specific.

Cons

Mediocre pay, heavy on drama, poor morale, high turnover, constant reorganization at the top, does not care about the people, only the bottom line. Completely political environment.

Start over at the top, revamp the LDP to actually foster leaders and not use it to pump brainwashed and exhausted recent college grads into over-titled and under paid-positions. Realize that it's actual human beings that work there and that without the people, you won't have much for long.

95 Other Employee Reviews for Consolidated Graphics (View Most Recent)

They do not pay enough

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Consolidated Graphics (more than 8 years)

Pros

Open to those who have an open mind. Lots of upside for people who like challanges

Cons

They do not pay enough.

Pay your people.

Very Painful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Consolidated Graphics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you want to relocate to a different part of the country, you may have the opportunity to do so in the LDP program
    Some locations (plants) appreciate associates and treat you well most do not. I remember hearing that one of the Colorado locations had a great group.

Cons

You are asked to do things with little to no training and zero support from management. Just "figure it out and leave me alone" seemed to be the attitude. Apparently I should have realized that it is a "leadership development program" and not a "Management Training program". This is an important distinction because this means you will be thrown into the fire without proper training and held completely responsible.

EXTREMELY high turnover. I cannot stress this enough. When I was recruited for the LDP there were 6 other associates at my operating plant... When I left a year later I was the most veteran associate and I had seen a total of 8 associates leave the company. Most of them either did not have a job lined up or just grabbed whatever job they could to get out. I did not see one associate graduate the program.

They will try to schmooze you during the interview process. They might say "you will have all of these different opportunities to stand out and be a leader" and "This program is not for everyone, we are only looking for the best and brightest" What they are really looking for is someone who will give them 60 hours a week on a minimal salary helping operate an extremely under-qualified and understaffed production facility. They want someone that they can plug into every miserable position they have that comes up. For example: I knew someone who got stuck as a receiving clerk for 5 months. I knew someone who was asked to work 12 hours per day 7 days per week as the night shift overseeing the assembly line. That was their first five weeks and they quit shortly after. I mean... Why go to college if you just want to work you way from the ground up in a factory environment ? Unless you are a print major I honestly do not see the point in this program. It is just a ploy set up by the finance department and upper management as a way to cut costs and employ a more educated workforce at the ground level. The bottom line is they know what you are going to do is miserable and that you have about a 90% chance of leaving their company in the next 3 years.

Just a horrible experience

Just be honest with these students you are recruiting into the program. Don't tell them that they are going to get tremendous opportunities to step up and show their leadership when you then turn around and stick them into a role such as receiving clerk for 5 months.

There are newer employer reviews for Consolidated Graphics