Consolidated Graphics

www.cgx.com

Intern treatment for Associates

Associate (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay, work with peers around your age, and get a hands on lesson of all the ins and outs of printing. Annual associate meeting is a giant party for those who want to escape back to college life. The people you work with can be very helpful and you are given the opportunity to develop a very good relationship with people from all departments of your operating facility. Each individual facility has its own culture and feel (this is sometimes a pro and sometimes a con).

ConsAssociates are typically treated like interns and are asked to work 50-60 hour weeks with no extra pay. If your work load does not carry you past 8 hours a day you will be seen as a slacker and sometimes punished. The program is basically there to brain wash college grads into believing more hours you work the better employee you are. The associate meeting is basically a pep rally to keep those on the fence about quitting to stay. The program started as a great concept and it was prestigious to get into the program. However, with the fast growth of the program it is becoming diluted and seems like there is an expected higher turnover. They are trying to push people into sales in order to gain new leads from those who sink and give them to those who succeed. Some companies have President who cares about the program and thus treats their associates as adults. However, too many presidents are disrespectful and treat their associates as free labor often times in order to reduce over time for those on hourly wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop diluting this program. It is a great concept and has a great leader but the amount of people being poured into it makes it less prestigious.

Run unless you have a godfather in exec ranks watching out for you

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Consolidated Graphics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Decent location. Lots of work going on and all you have… Cons: But be ready to be worked to the bone. Pay is/was sub-par. Constant backstabbing… Advice to Senior Management: None that you would listen to and pay attention to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Underpaid and heavily overworked

Associate- LDP (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Consolidated Graphics full-time for less than a year

Pros: Maximum exposure to many problematic situations that are begging for… Cons: You will NOT be provided any training for the roles you will assume nor the strenuous tasks you will be told to perform everyday. No… Advice to Senior Management: Why bother, you won't listen anyway. The shareholders are the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Consolidated Graphics.

Worked for Consolidated Graphics? Contribute to the Community!