Consolidated Graphics

www.cgx.com

Hard work paid off for me, but doesn't for everyone

Former Employee - Purchasing  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Purchasing in Houston, TX

Pros

Advancement is available. My experience was positive because I was given flexibility and was able to implement my own plans. I got some great experience, but I don't think everyone feels the same way. In many positions if you are just looking for a job, it's fine. If you are looking for a career, you may need to look elsewhere if you aren't confident in your direct supervisor.

Cons

Employee morale is a complete non-issue for management. The benefits are a joke - ask for more money to compensate, unless you can be on your spouse's plan. Upper management is very mercurial and doesn't communicate well with the rank and file. Extra hours are the norm for many positions.

I really doubt that the upper management looks at sites like this for advice.

Other reviews for Consolidated Graphics

There are upsides and downsides

Former Employee - Associate- LDP  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate- LDP in Houston, TX

Pros

HR at corporate works with those that want to excel within the company, but you have to initiate. Plenty of opportunities to move. HR has a great team. Chance to play many different roles if you want.

Cons

Horrible pay. Horrible benefits. Depending on your location, it can be an absolute miserable experience, with miserable people who are usually miserable due to CGX policies and pay cuts. Dying industry.

I understand what you're doing with the LDP associates - it makes sense. You're also pretty good at shelling out your BS as I know most of the people in my class drank your kool-aid. So, I can't really blame you for doing what you've done in a down economy and a shrinking industry. However, I've been keeping track of CGX for the past 4 years and it's been doing fairly well. I think it's about time you start going for quality hires rather than quantity.

Learn a lot ..plenty of opportunity..Cheap

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Gain plenty of knowledge
    Peers are excellent to work with
    Opportunity to get experience for recent graduate
    Friendly work environment
    Good promotion opportunity (mainly due to high turnover)

Cons

Horrible benefits (can get cheaper plan outside of company)

High turnover (Don't get attached to working with same people b/c they'll be gone after less than year)

pay scale all over the place for same positions (You may be a better worker but may make 8k less than a new employee that don't know squat)

they pay who the want to pay good.

Bonuses (they don't tell you that only certain people at the company get them).....

Have a set pay scale and/or pay people on experience and education and not the lowest you think you can get them on for....once a person finds out somebody doing the same job is making 8-10k less and year

There are newer employer reviews for Consolidated Graphics.

Worked for Consolidated Graphics? Contribute to the Community!