Consolidated Graphics
www.cgx.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

There are upsides and downsides

Associate- LDP (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsHR at corporate works with those that want to excel within the company, but you have to initiate. Plenty of opportunities to move. HR has a great team. Chance to play many different roles if you want.

ConsHorrible pay. Horrible benefits. Depending on your location, it can be an absolute miserable experience, with miserable people who are usually miserable due to CGX policies and pay cuts. Dying industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand what you're doing with the LDP associates - it makes sense. You're also pretty good at shelling out your BS as I know most of the people in my class drank your kool-aid. So, I can't really blame you for doing what you've done in a down economy and a shrinking industry. However, I've been keeping track of CGX for the past 4 years and it's been doing fairly well. I think it's about time you start going for quality hires rather than quantity.

Learn a lot ..plenty of opportunity..Cheap

Houston, TX

I have been working at Consolidated Graphics full-time

Pros: Gain plenty of knowledge Peers are excellent to work with Opportunity to get experience… Cons: Horrible benefits (can get cheaper plan outside of company) High turnover (Don't get attached to working with same people b/c they'll be gone after less… Advice to Senior Management: Have a set pay scale and/or pay people on experience and education and not the lowest you think you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Learning and Development Program

Leadership Development Program Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Consolidated Graphics full-time for more than a year

Pros: You're hired fresh out of college - you get a salary, a steady paycheck, benefits and a GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE. The LDP makes the transition from… Cons: High starting salary but not always much increase once graduating… More
There are newer reviews on Consolidated Graphics.

Worked for Consolidated Graphics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Consolidated Graphics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Consolidated Graphics CEO Joe R. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by Consolidated Graphics employees.