There are newer employer reviews for Consolidated Graphics

Great Learning and Development Program

Current Employee - Leadership Development Program Associate
Current Employee - Leadership Development Program Associate

I have been working at Consolidated Graphics full-time for more than a year

Pros

You're hired fresh out of college - you get a salary, a steady paycheck, benefits and a GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE.

The LDP makes the transition from college life to professional life very natural, there are always people there to lean on for advice.

You can stand out or fit in as much as you want to - the more you volunteer for extra opportunities the more you are recognized and get additional opportunities.

The program has structure and benchmarks but each company runs the program differently and so experiences are typically tailored to achieve the individual's goals.

The experience you get in all different kinds of areas will give you skills you need for any career path.

You're also given the time and freedom to decide where you want your career to go.

It's a great training program!

Cons

High starting salary but not always much increase once graduating from the program.
Benefits are not great

92 Other Employee Reviews for Consolidated Graphics (View Most Recent)

Hard work paid off for me, but doesn't for everyone

Former Employee - Purchasing  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Purchasing in Houston, TX

I worked at Consolidated Graphics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Advancement is available. My experience was positive because I was given flexibility and was able to implement my own plans. I got some great experience, but I don't think everyone feels the same way. In many positions if you are just looking for a job, it's fine. If you are looking for a career, you may need to look elsewhere if you aren't confident in your direct supervisor.

Cons

Employee morale is a complete non-issue for management. The benefits are a joke - ask for more money to compensate, unless you can be on your spouse's plan. Upper management is very mercurial and doesn't communicate well with the rank and file. Extra hours are the norm for many positions.

I really doubt that the upper management looks at sites like this for advice.

Horrible Management Ruined a Great Team

Former Employee - Information Technology  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Houston, TX

I worked at Consolidated Graphics full-time

Pros

My co-workers were great people. Unfortunately, within a 6 month period we were all gone.

Cons

Management, management, management. They do not care about employees. Their view is everyone is replaceable and they dont care about you. Turnover rate is crazy high.

Care about your employees and make it a fun work environment.Care about your employees and maybe they will quit leaving.

There are newer employer reviews for Consolidated Graphics

Worked for Consolidated Graphics? Contribute to the Community!