Constant Contact

www.constantcontact.com
There are newer employer reviews for Constant Contact

Solid Company

I worked at Constant Contact

Pros

Friendly and young. People work well together and there are great benefits. Great location that is easy to get to in Waltham.

Cons

Talent is leaving to the next big thing. Stock options are worthless after the stock plummeted. Management is making some perplexing decisions.

Work hard to keep your best employees.

115 Other Employee Reviews for Constant Contact (View Most Recent)

Not a good place for competent IT professionals

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I worked at Constant Contact full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has decent market share that will allow it to weather market fluctuations. It may be a good company for a marketing statistician, second rate help desk personnel, or very junior IT staff that are looking for a way to start their career.

Cons

There is very limited growth in the company. The management is a group of incompetent individuals that are trying to stay long enough to cash out their stock options. The behavior is very defensive towards new staff. The micro-management is a bit unbearable for anyone that is used to working with any degree of autonomy. I would strongly suggest staying away from constant contact if you are currently in a real corporate environment.

You are in danger of drinking your own Kool-Aid. Good engineers do not respond well to cheap pizza and internal overhype promoting self-esteem. I understand that the margins are thin, due to competition, but you are slaves to statistics and artificial deadlines. More effort needs to be placed on quality of the core products and long-term retention of the good employees.

Company is tossing its good employees out the door for drones

Current Employee - Support
    Current Employee - Support

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free Soda. Occasional left overs from meetings.

Cons

Everything else, Management, New Support Employees, Senior Management, Sales, Ops, Engineering you name it. We fire senior employees who know the products who have been here for years to hire idiots that should be working checkout at a local supermarket.

Please also be aware of the short 1 line reviews, touting good job to sr management and management and also short employee reviews of the company. HR has recently decided to join glass door to try and artificially inflate the stats and make the company shown in a better light just as they do when the company is being nominated for an award, they go to all the employees to vote for the company otherwise they wouldn't win anything.

Listen to the front line support, we are being ignored and when we go to mention something or a problem it gets hushed under the rug, or it will be considered for the future. We know what customers want, not the idiots sitting behind the desks getting paid 100K + per year who are so withdrawn from everyone except their lil world its not funny.

There are newer employer reviews for Constant Contact

Worked for Constant Contact? Contribute to the Community!