There are newer employer reviews for Constant Contact

Great place for an internship

Former Intern - Co-Op in Waltham, MA
Former Intern - Co-Op in Waltham, MA

I worked at Constant Contact as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I took a 6-month full time internship at CTCT and had a great time: - Beer Fridays - Great teams - Friendly, helpful co-workers who take you seriously - Executive lunches - Casual dress

Cons

Very few con's that I saw about working here. My particular supervisor and my team were amazing and very helpful so I don't have any complaints about the management, which I sometimes heard going around the office

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Proceed with caution

I worked at Constant Contact

Pros

Tons of smart, talented people. You can get behind the mission of the company. Helping small businesses is appealing. Company does try to be a fun place to work, and is reasonably socially responsible. Great work/life balance, especially if you are a parent (but note there is no company policy on this. it is up to your manager, your mileage will vary widely). Benefits are great.

Cons

Technology has gotten a bit long in the tooth, and the company has lost market share. They are trying to fix this, but I don't know if it will come soon enough. It is impossible to get anything done. There is no ownership and no accountability. Senior executives do not seem to like each other or to collaborate. Because of this, everyone needs to have a hand in every decision. This means that you have to slim your ideas down to only what you can get everyone to agree to. Since they will barely agree on anything, nothing moves. Stock price has taken a serious hit. Management is all over the place. Priorities are constantly shifting. This is due in part to the fact that people are constantly quitting and getting fired. We get new managers so often that things are always changing. People get promoted, but it's in title only, there's very little real growth. There are people who literally do not do any work at this company. Some of this is due to laziness, but some is due to the fact that the work is slow to come to them because decision making is so slow.

Advice to Management

Put the right people in the right jobs. You have lots of talented people who are under-utilized or just in the wrong place. You wouldn't need to fire so many people if you hired the right people to begin with, and you could stem the attrition if employees weren't seeing many of there peers leaving for better offers. Get it together and figure out where you want to focus.

2. Good Company to work for, could be better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, very smart and passionate about their work. Inspiring corporate mission - to help small businesses and non-profits grow and be successful. Lots of opportunities to grow your career, there is a real focus on personal development. In Product Development we're able to attend at least one conference or external training every year. Many internal training opportunities available as well. 10% of your time can be spent on innovation projects. Constantly trying to improve processes, etc.. We're not content with the status quo. Pretty good benefits, including 4% 401k match, and ESPP. Competitive salaries. Nice facilities, easy access to Rt. 128, plus Alewife shuttle. Flexible working hours, ability to work from home.

Cons

Constant Contact tries to do too many projects/initiatives at once instead of focusing on a few select initiatives. Lots of shifting/changing priorities. As the company has grown, change can sometimes come at glacial pace, and there can be a lot of bureaucracy to deal with.

Advice to Management

Try to get the company to focus on no more than three top priorities. Finish one project before you launch the next.