Constant Contact

There are newer employer reviews for Constant Contact

Fun and Valuable Internship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Interesting Work
- Knowledgeable People
- Friendly Environment
- Competitive Pay
- Fun, Social Activities
- Quality Intern Program
- Relatively Transparent Management in regards to strategy for a company of its size

Constant Contact offers a great internship program. I was very lucky to have secured a position over the summer in my area of interest. I landed on a great team working on an interesting project, from which I learned a lot about being effective in the software world. The company has a good name, and that has opened doors for me in finding a full-time job. While I wish I could have stayed on-board as a permanent employee, I'm still happy nonetheless for the opportunity I had at a great company. I felt appreciated as an intern. I was being assigned meaningful work. And the pay was good, as well as the frequent free food and beer cart Fridays. HR went to great lengths to make our time at CTCT enjoyable. We had lunch sessions with the senior executives, including Gail, the CEO. We were treated to a Red Sox game. And a few other freebies. Considering that we were all getting paid to learn and grow in our respective fields, the attention and care we received was very generous.

Cons

- Product Suite not as cutting edge as some of our competitors
- Size: Organization sometimes felt comprised of silos
- Slow to Implement Change (So much buy-in and negotiation required)

- Implement Innovation Faster
- Look to the future, try not to be trapped by the legacy
- Cultivate more cross-functional interaction among all employees, not just middle and upper and management

117 Other Employee Reviews for Constant Contact (View Most Recent)

Untrustworthy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you make the right connections you will move up in the company quickly.

Cons

Management tends not to keep the employees in the loop of things. They tend to lay off and let go certain individuals and then put unknowledgeable people in those position and pay them less and unfortunately they have no type of impact in the organization.

Listen to your employees and stop hiring people/promoting people that are not knowledgeable of the product and not promote them because they are a friend with members of the senior management team. Basically hire and promote in talent and not friendship. Its funny how they come out of their quarterly earnings and talk about how many people they hire but they don't talk about the employees that they lay off. This company will be going down soon they have no sense of drive or direction.

Internship at Constant Contact

I worked at Constant Contact as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There was free food during training and free books.

Cons

The biggest qualms I had was that the team lead for our team was not truthful and did not provide constructive criticism, which I believe are vital for an intern.

Inappropriate relationship between developer and other intern that affected work environment.

During my short time there at least four senior developers left. Toxic place. Avoid at all cost.

A few bad apples spoils the bunch. It is unavoidable at such a big company especially with all the acquisitions. Quality over quantity. It might be time to do some house cleaning.

There are newer employer reviews for Constant Contact