Constant Contact

There are newer employer reviews for Constant Contact

Untrustworthy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you make the right connections you will move up in the company quickly.

Cons

Management tends not to keep the employees in the loop of things. They tend to lay off and let go certain individuals and then put unknowledgeable people in those position and pay them less and unfortunately they have no type of impact in the organization.

Listen to your employees and stop hiring people/promoting people that are not knowledgeable of the product and not promote them because they are a friend with members of the senior management team. Basically hire and promote in talent and not friendship. Its funny how they come out of their quarterly earnings and talk about how many people they hire but they don't talk about the employees that they lay off. This company will be going down soon they have no sense of drive or direction.

133 Other Employee Reviews for Constant Contact (View Most Recent)

Internship at Constant Contact

I worked at Constant Contact as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There was free food during training and free books.

Cons

The biggest qualms I had was that the team lead for our team was not truthful and did not provide constructive criticism, which I believe are vital for an intern.

Inappropriate relationship between developer and other intern that affected work environment.

During my short time there at least four senior developers left. Toxic place. Avoid at all cost.

A few bad apples spoils the bunch. It is unavoidable at such a big company especially with all the acquisitions. Quality over quantity. It might be time to do some house cleaning.

Company is a Joke, Product is far behind and way too many managers.

Current Employee - Support in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Support in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact

Pros

There are no pros for this job.

Cons

This company is a shell of its former self, the product has more defects and bugs that you can even imaging. Instead of stopping product "enhancements" that you say customers want which you know they don't want. STOP, take 3-4 months and fix all the bugs. We have outages which our customers encounter, and even our internal tools have consistent issues. When a customer calls in wanting to speak with a manager, they just get another rep or someone else in the same team, a manager will do everything in their ability to avoid taking an escalated call. Good reps are being thrown out the door, or just plain leaving because you refuse to give anyone the opportunity to advance. You would rather go outside the company than promote someone from within, I have seen it dozens of times over the years. Everyone is so "focused" on the customer what a joke, they put so much pressure on front line support with statistics and numbers, that you are no longer getting world class customer support! All of our product offerings are so behind even the free products provided by other companies its not even funny. Stop for a minute, listen to your agents and end all the red tape.

No one cares for the front line support, they are considered the bastards of the company, never included in any type of company events because of the phone volumes, pay is horrific you work insanely for a meager raise at the end of they year. They call you engagement specialists, and expect you to handle HTML, Connectivity/IT issues and everything under the sun to avoid calling you technical support to avoid paying! Customer Service 32K avg salary, technical support 42-44K. Have no fear come into this company expect to be earning a customer service salary while doing a technical support job with a ton of metrics that if you don't meet you will know about it.

Time to shed all the layers of management, there is so much management its disgusting, you have managers that shouldn't be leading a team, they should be flipping burgers. They have no product knowledge, zero customer service skills and only toss credits at the situation. Time to clean house at the management level and go up the line!

There are newer employer reviews for Constant Contact