Constant Contact

www.constantcontact.com
There are newer employer reviews for Constant Contact

My 6-month experience at Constant Contact has been great.

Current Intern - Customer Training Specialist in Waltham, MA
Current Intern - Customer Training Specialist in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Culture, smart people, great product, beer cart Friday, free coffee and soda, casual attire, some positions are able to work from home or remote locations. CEO and executive is always walking around office and are all easily approachable even as an intern. Easy to move around company if position you currently hold does not fit you.

Cons

Company is growing fast, which may not seem like a con but worried it may outgrow itself or grow too fast. Senior management is a tight knit group so I can see how it may be hard to advance as a lower level employee. Also, this seems to cause a lot of talent to leave and go to other companies.

Invest in ourselves as a company and make sure young talent that you bring in doesn't leave after ~5 years.

Constant Contact Response

Jun 30, 2014Employer Representative

Thanks for your comments. It's great to hear that you're enjoying your work, and we appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback!

141 Other Employee Reviews for Constant Contact (View Most Recent)

Treated as Children

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Loveland, CO

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Proper training for the product as a whole. Good starting wage, however, not great when you realize how much work you have to do on a daily basis. Changed management structure so managers have to take phone calls too. Appreciate the email marketing insights and experiences which I have taken to another job which I am happy to come into every day.

Cons

After working on the phones for years, I've came to the realization that I was not great at customer service and I started to see my talents shine in more technical work. However, the worse you do at your customer feedback surveys the more they are going to take away "off the phone". No matter how much I've tried to reach out to my managers, they could care less about my career opportunities in other departments.

Their user platform kept changing and kept breaking which put a lot of strain on the customer service reps because the call volume increases and there was never a break between calls. Which made it so hard to lie to customers and support this product.

They are CONSTANTLY micro-managing the phones to make sure you are taking calls and forget trying to fix problems after the call. Everything had to be done on the phone while your customer awkwardly waits for you or Tier 2 tech support to finish any issues. There was so much pressure to take the next phone call, but also have 100% quality, and also stay under 8 minutes and 100% satisfaction.

Some of the managers never get back to your questions which is disheartening. Some managers should NOT be managers there if they can not support their own teams. Work from home is a joke and only give it to those they like. There is a huge "bro" attitude in management, which I can't mesh with. Some managers will act as your friend, then throw you under the bus later on down the road.

Listen to your employees and don't ignore them. People are NOT happy coming to work under these stressful conditions the whole time they are working. Don't punish your employees by taking away things they are happy to do and are good at doing because they lack experience in other areas.

Not a good engineering company

I worked at Constant Contact full-time

Pros

Beer cart
    Free food
    Free soda
    Can work from home at least 1 day a week
    Uses many various technology and languages like Java, Ruby, coffeescript, etc
    People are friendly and smart

Cons

No clear technical leadership of what to do with so many technologies. A solution to solve memory problems is to restart the server.
    Manager use fear tactics and human resources do not validate what the manager says about you is true or not.
    Company has issues solving customer attrition rate as many small business owners will pay for the product only when they need it.

Need to figure out how to solve your technical problems correctly and provide clear leadership. And don't use fear tactics on employees.

Constant Contact Response

Jun 30, 2014Employer Representative

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback!

There are newer employer reviews for Constant Contact