Constant Contact

www.constantcontact.com
  www.constantcontact.com
There are newer employer reviews for Constant Contact

Dismal, Where the buddy system rewards, and Feedback and suggestions go to die

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time

Pros

Free Soda, Coffee and the Occasional Snack

Cons

The company is horrible, we have so many layers of management its actually insane. Talk about a top heavy company, just in customer support we have Supervisors, Team Leads, Group Managers, Senior Managers, Directors it goes on and on and that is just for customer support. This company went from a motto of helping the customer do what ever is needed to prevent the next call back for the same thing to putting pressure on everyone to churn in burn calls, with way too much pressure on the support staff. If you don't meet their expectations be sure that you will be coached right out the door. The company policies are a joke, the customers are basically treated just like cattle. Have no fear at one point escalated customer issues to our second level support team last year were pushing 14+ business days but we continued to lie to our customers and tell them the turnaround were 3-4 business days. We don't even follow our own ethics. The support staff quality has gone right down the tubes as well. Everyone used to be considered technical support, now are considered customer service this was done to lower the pay for new people coming into the door. I think the starting wage from what I hear is around 15 and hour... Your nuts to come to this company and deal with the stress of supporting tons of broken products and more defects daily than you can shake a stick at. Your better off working for a retail outlet you can make about the same if not more depending on who you go too. Talking to anyone in the company about your concern goes right to the crapper they don't give a crap about anything you say. Career advancement is a joke, its a complete buddy system, if you don't hover in the right circles in this company you wont go anywhere, only to face a salary cap in a few years and be given no compensation for the insane stuff they throw at you. Also once you are part of support, its almost impossible to shake that stigma even if you move to another position. They will use it against you even if you say went from support to IT the raise would be minimal, but if you came from the outside it would be a complete different story.

Listen to your employees, stop posting fake short reviews trying to bump up the score of glass door. Listen to their feedback we are your voice to the customer and if we stopped working, no one could handle what we do.

Sep 4, 2014Employer Representative

We take employee feedback seriously and we appreciate your comments. We encourage you to make an appointment with your HR business partner, who can also connect you with our career development ... More

132 Other Employee Reviews for Constant Contact (View Most Recent)

Good salary but watch your back

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary competitive - its what keeps people stuck here. Leadership is trying but the effort does not trickle down to mimd-anagement. Co-workers are talented but not utilized to full potential.

Cons

Very poor mid-management style, those in charge are not held accountable if employees are dissatisfied, they only need to keep those above them satisfied. If you have a problem, you are literally considered the problem. You are on your own here, even HR does not defend the employee. Tough to telecommute, a lot of wasted travel time that could be work time. Poor department communication and vague processes leads to a lot of wasted time, effort and repetition.

Leadership and senior management needs to wake up to the fact that there are a great many dissatisfied and frustrated employees. They need to realize the bottom line will be affected greatly by a lot of wasted endeavors. The data driven employee survey does not focus on real problem, its a smoke and mirrors show.

Aug 7, 2014Employer Representative

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Hearing from our current employees is so important. Please make an appointment to speak with Bob Nicoson, Chief Human Resources Officer, at your ... More

Not a good place to work...

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Constant Contact (more than an year)

Pros

At Constant Contact you're going to run into a lot of great, friendly people. They do little things to try and make working there fun including special events and free beer, soda, snacks. Schedule wise they're pretty flexible, encourage work/life balance, and offer great benefits. The company is also trying to be more innovative.

Cons

Unfortunately, the overall culture at Constant Contact is toxically passive-aggressive. People are quick to take credit for your work, and even quicker to throw you under the bus. The company lacks leadership in this area, and work quality goes unemphasized, hard work unrewarded. Instead, here it is all about who you know- making anyone who isn't in their club expendable (and they'll let you know it). Because of the beuracracy, it is almost impossible to get anything done in a timely fashion, and problems are generally ignored, covered up, or chastised when brought up. The CEO does not listen, and as such the company has struggled to retain top talent.

Management, especially the CEO needs to listen to employees. Stop promoting based on who you like and start evaluating the work they're doing using empirical evidence. Reward your hard working, talented employees - and actually try to keep them. And it's ok to admit when something is wrong, if there's an issue, work to fix it, don't just try to cover it up or pretend it doesn't exist- that only makes it worse.

Aug 7, 2014Employer Representative

Thanks for taking the time to comment, on both the things you enjoyed and those you feel we can improve upon. We are constantly striving to improve and your comments will be shared with management.

There are newer employer reviews for Constant Contact