Good pay, bad culture

Former Employee - Analyst II  in  Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Analyst II in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

Got promotted quickly, made more money than I thought at my age. Average bonus was 15% even when year was bad. Had to fight for the promotion, but they were fair and gave it to me.

Cons

Poor communication from management. Constantly try to outsource. Restructure company every few months. No clear direction and you never know if you will have a job.

Pick a strategy and make it clear and stick with it.

Other Reviews for Constellation Energy Group

OK

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

Constellation Energy had competitvie salaries and benefits. There was a good worklife balance and workload very reasonable. Overall, OK company to work for.

Cons

Employees not always treated with respect they deserve. There is a large focus on networking and politics rather than job performance.

More communication with employees would be beneficial. Leadership should be held accountable to the core values of the business.

Experience depends on the department

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

The compensation package can be good at Constellation; however, the work/life balance will depend upon the department and manager. There are lots of opportunities to learn, grow, and gain exposure to senior management if you're good.

Cons

If you're good, you'll have more work than you know what to do with. This can lead to a terrible work/life balance if you don't manage it correctly. Also, there has been a lot of organizational changes in the last few years in some of the departments which can be stressful if you like a stable/predictable environment.

Continue to allow employees to stretch beyond their job title; however, allow them to make the inevitable mistakes in a safe environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Constellation Energy Group.

Worked for Constellation Energy Group? Contribute to the Community!