Constellation Energy Group

Oil Trading

Former Employee - Intern in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Intern in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

Had a great experience ar Constellation. They have a great culture with great workers. My team worked very well together and they paid well.

Cons

Sometimes it seemed that it was hard to move within the company. I enjoyed my team but felt if I wanted to switch it would of been hard.

I felt that they could of offered a program which would enable the interns to move amongst the different teams and really see the exposure within the company.

104 Other Employee Reviews for Constellation Energy Group (View Most Recent)

Reconsider a career at Constellation

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

-You can use vacation time as long as you ask in advance
    -Free candy at the front desk
    -Health fairs/incentives to join health related things/blood drives

Cons

-While it boasts merit based promotions/pay, this is not often the case
    -Many decisions are political and personal, and there is obvious favoritism that strongly sways decisions that should be made from an economical/practical/logistical perspective
    -Management is in disarray and no one seems to really know what they are doing
    -"Restructuring" happens so often that the worker doesn't even know what business unit of Constellation they work for
    -While they claim to care about their employees, the company ultimately cares more about the dollar than their workers
    -Poor communication within the company/business units

-Plan in advance before pursing a project because with no goal, it is impossible to be successful

Employees are expendable

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

The company still provides a pension; employees in favored positions are treated fairly well. Despite the company coming very close to bankruptcy on Wednesday, September 17, 2008, it appears to be stable with the potential to grow.

Cons

Greed is the motivator for senior management. They will pay and treat employees as well as they have to and still pocket huge amounts of money for incredibly incompetent leadership. There is no union and employees have suffered greatly due to no protection. Human Resource-type positions are considered necessary evils and employees in those areas in particular are considered completely expendable. With unemployment so high now, the company's attitude toward employees these days is "You are lucky to have a job when so many don't; if you don't like the way we treat you, you can leave."

It is not smart to abruptly downsize the company by 800 employees and expect the survivors to do the absent employees' jobs with no promotion, no salary increase, and no protection against the resulting adverse working conditions. So many employees would leave tomorrow if they felt there were other reasonable options. Many people have families in the Baltimore area and it is not easy for them to locate other jobs. But please understand, many employees are miserably unhappy.
    Where do you dig up your executives? Have you heard of leadership training or making them accountable for their leadership ability rather than ability to make money?

There are newer employer reviews for Constellation Energy Group