Good place to work

Current Employee - Engineer
Current Employee - Engineer

Pros

strong benefits challenging work environment good growth potential

Cons

flexibility is key to development and career growth. The company appreciates those who are flexible and willing to relocate - may be a con for those with strong roots in one area or a family that may be difficult to relocate. I've had difficulty in getting "opportunities for growth" or improvement from my direct supervisors during reviews. I'm a good employee, but not perfect, I know I can improve in some areas, but no one seems to want to give "negative" feedback. I wish managers were better equipped to help their direct reports stretch and grow as employees. change is inevitable and sometimes unpredictable.

Advice to Management

I think more emphasis and guidance on career development should be taken. I also think managers should be better equipped to see the development of those who work for them not as a threat but as an opportunity to build up strong employees for the business. I also think that if we're going to do something we should not just do it to say we've done it and check it off the list. I think we should do it and do it well - whatever that may be: Knowledge sharing, mentor programs, career development programs etc.

Other Employee Reviews for Constellation Energy Group

1. good place to work for

Pros

good place to work for

Cons

not many downsides for CEG

Advice to Management

need more flexibility

2. A fun place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Good working Environment; Able to speak your mind; Work Hard-play hard approach; Employee benefits in terms of money as well as Career development; Some of the best wroking relationships that I made were here.

Cons

Sometimes the informations doesn't get filtered down to the employees concerned. The present top management is, in my opinion, too authoritative and didn't had a plan in place, in case things go wrong (as we saw in 2008's financial crisis)

Advice to Management

Have a plan in place, in case things go wrong.