There are newer employer reviews for Constellation Wines

A good group to work for

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Constellation Wines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people on the spirits team were a good group to work for The company had a lot of team building and events for their people Insurance benefits were top notch Stock options

Cons

Layoff's of the entire spirits division Micromanagement

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not a bad place to work but there is absolutely no room for career development.

Current Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Constellation Wines

Pros

Good work/life balance and decent benefits.

Cons

No room for career development and poor compensation.

Advice to Management

Learn how to communicate organization changes and please don't encourage people to join this organization with the hope that they will move up.

My position became just a paycheck to me at Constellation.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canandaigua, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canandaigua, NY

I worked at Constellation Wines

Pros

for the area, pay and benefits are pretty much unmatched. At least once a week, there is a tasting and you get to sample new products, or do a taste testing for developing products. There is opportunity for education both on the company intranet and through outside sources.

Cons

After working there many years, and being one of the more tenured team members, I saw the morale come to devasting low levels, the stress increase exponentially, and those fresh out of college and/or the 'favorites of management' being promoted ahead of those with experience and loyalty to the company. There is a culture of favoritism that is disheartening. When you see MULTIPLE people taking medical leave for stress, you know something is rotten. Don't even think about offering solutions to issues that differ in opinion to the management - you'll get either ignored for future conversations or reprimanded. I routinely saw co-workers in the bathroom for 'intestinal upset', people crying at their desks. My job became merely a means of financial survival. Now that I am out of the company I am happier, healthier, and yes, while making less at my current job, feel a satisfaction that I had not had in years with Constellation. There is LIFE after CWUS, and it's a better one.

Advice to Management

Upper management creates a bottom line for each quarter without seriously considering how it's going to get there. Good people have been cut, and their workload split up among the remaining. You can't get blood from a stone. We can have all the flowery speeches and rah rah sessions in the world, but employees would rather have the support of management rather than being told to suck it up, because there are figures to be met. Jay Wright is a brilliant, likeable man. I do think he has the ability to improve the morale, but he has to be given good information, not be told what those in self-preservation mode think he needs to hear.