Consumer Reports

www.consumerreports.org

Interesting organization in transition

Content Creation (Current Employee) Yonkers, NY

ProsMany great staff and managers trying to reinvent this venerable brand for the diigital age. Great place to work and make a real difference (and a name for yourself) if you are energetic, keen to make an impact and in tune with the future vision. Friendly culture. Some VPs have really clear ideas but others (why are there so many?) seem to add little. Great organizational mission to help all consumers and make the world a better place - what's not to like about that!

ConsLong serving and very vocal staff whining about the good old pre-digital days can be a real drain. Many seem to think they are entitled to a job for life and have no idea what it's like to work in other places. Some lower level managers seem out of their depth. Outgoing CEO (he's overdue to retire) seems indecisive and obsessed with making old-timer staff happy. Terrible cafeteria - not exactly Google!

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a new CEO soon and make sure it's a good one. Stop pandering to old-timer staff so much with endless all staff briefings and awful Q&As, they'll whine whatever you do. Just make great things happen!

I've loved working at Consumer Reports for about the last 10 years or so.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Yonkers, NY

I have been working at Consumer Reports full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The people here are wonderful. There are doctors ready to take on the healthcare industry and to use evidence-based ratings for surgeries, hospitals, physicians.… Cons: CR needs to do more to develop people and show them they have a career track. And of course transformation is unsettling. Some… Advice to Senior Management: Listen, engage, keep your doors open and find better ways to recognize the talent around you. And figure out how to make it more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lost its way

Manager (Current Employee) Yonkers, NY

I have been working at Consumer Reports full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The company has a great mission--to inform and protect consumers by providing ratings of products and services and working for a… Cons: In addition to the endless rounds of layoffs, management does not seem to have a plan going forward… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Consumer Reports.

Worked for Consumer Reports? Contribute to the Community!