Consumer Reports

www.consumerreports.org

Tough transition but commitment to mission

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Yonkers, NY

ProsThere's a real commitment to the mission of serving consumers. The industry is going through tough times, and CR isn't immune. There is some excitement in the transition and in being part of a solution.

ConsAs the organization is transitioning away from print and to a more agile approach to developing and distributing content, there's been some pain as there have been some layoffs. That's a shift in the culture, and resulted in hard feelings for some.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on pushing through on the transition and making necessary changes; don't lose focus on what makes the organization unique: its mission.

So sad

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Yonkers, NY

I have been working at Consumer Reports full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The mission and the people who work there. I still… Cons: poor morale, coldness of some senior leaders who truly don't care about the… Advice to Senior Management: Walk the talk when it comes to trust, civility and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

This place is beyond help

I have been working at Consumer Reports full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: * Dedicated and talented tech and editorial personnel. * On-site cafeteria is… Cons: * Employees are terrified and morale is poor. People are constantly worried that they are going to be laid off, fired, or mysteriously resign. * Managers… Advice to Senior Management: Management could care less what I have to say, so I'm directing my comments to the board of directors: An unfortuante shortcoming of non-profit boards is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Consumer Reports.

Worked for Consumer Reports? Contribute to the Community!