There are newer employer reviews for Consumer Reports

Great company to intern for

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Consumer Reports as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company culture, people are friendly and understanding

Cons

awkward time for the company with the shift going on, lay-offs seem to be happening each day

Other Employee Reviews for Consumer Reports

Huge Changes Underway

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at Consumer Reports full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love the mission of the company and I love working for a non-profit. We have some really great, super smart longstanding employees as well as some new hires that have really raised the bar. We have just had our best year financially in quite some time, which has been really exciting. We are revamping the look and feel of the magazine and it looks truly amazing, other plans are underway to do the same with our website look and feel. We have upgraded out technology platforms and our general location and facility is really nice. I love coming to work every (well, maybe not every, but most) day and seeing all the changes-we were looking and sounding really tired and sad and its fun to be part of the change.

Cons

I think anytime you have an organization going through change some people can be resistant to it, so we have to deal with that issue. Change is hard but we need to do it to move forward.

Advice to Management

It's not all perfect here-I think generally the mid level managers are pretty solid and some of the more senior managers are doing a great job, but some need to improve their ability to work together toward a common goal.

Commitment to consumers is unwavering

I have been working at Consumer Reports full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The mission to protect and serve consumers is as strong as ever and it's still rewarding to go to work every day. The company is in the midst of an exciting transformation.

Cons

Lack of security during a time of transition. Cultural shift has been tough on the long term employees. Layoffs seem endless.

Advice to Management

More transparency, more communication of the vision for the future.