LOVE MY JOB!!!

Current Employee - Registered Medical Assistant in Owosso, MI
Current Employee - Registered Medical Assistant in Owosso, MI

I have been working at Consumer Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great,friendly and supportive coworkers! The ability to help those that need mental health care. I'm basically the liaison for the consumers and Nurse Practitioners. I handle the NP schedules and calls from consumers with medication concerns, and I coordinate care with the Consumers and their PCP. I currently live in Flint, which gives me about a 40 min drive to and from work, but I truly enjoy working here, so it's worth the drive.

Cons

I have no Cons for the office I work for. Everyone here is a team player, and does their best to help one another, and help the consumers get the care they need.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Other Employee Reviews for Consumer Services

1. Strained work place with poor employee morale.

Former Employee - Social Work Case Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Social Work Case Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Consumer Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Puts you in position to deliver services to adult mentally ill. Working in the field. Some employees help to keep each other motivated.

Cons

Aloof leadership, except to bring you criticism. Poor benefits. Poor morale in the office. Most employees do not feel valued by local management or corporate management. Management motivates with threats of write ups and attacking your license Have to use your own laptop, car, and cell phone. Very little vacation. No vacation the first year. No 401K or 403B. Medical benefits are very difficult for an employee with a family. Little chance of advancement.

Advice to Management

More investment in employee morale needs to be made. Management needs to be trained on leadership techniques or continue to face high turn over. Unless you like high turn over.

Support Coordinator/Case Manager

Current Employee - Support Coordinator in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Support Coordinator in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Consumer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My fellow co-workers were awesome in helping when I had a question. I also had great consumers.

Cons

Punitive attitude to staff. Unrealistic demands. Management more interested in making money from Medicaid that they do not look to see if employees are billing unnecessary units so they reach their unrealistic demand set by management. Very high turn over. Pay is way below what other mental health agencies pay for the same position.

Advice to Management

You are losing highly educated, experienced, hard working employees due to your unrealistic demands. Your benefits are insulting, no raises and punitive attitude toward employees. There should have been grandfathering of vacation/PTO to the contract workers that were forced to become employees.