Consumer United

www.consumerunited.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Consumer United

Probably the fastest track from entry level to management available in sales industry without being a pyramid scheme.

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Westborough, MA
Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Energetic yet relaxed work environment, tons of sales contests. Enthusiastic atmosphere with constant employee appreciation events. Training department is phenomenal, and ongoing training helps agents that are falling behind. Management is personable and available. Constant face time with CEO, COO, and other execs.

Regarding other reviews, the company, in my time here, has gone through a massive cultural overhaul. The frat-like college party atmosphere has long since been replaced by a focus on professionalism and keeping customers' interests first.

Cons

Can be high pressure, as personal sales goals contribute to team/branch/company goals. At the end of the day, the goal is for everyone to make more money. Competiive nature of job can be tough on thin-skinned.

Bumper Pool table.

75 Other Employee Reviews for Consumer United (View Most Recent)

Work with people that care!

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Consumers United is a great place to work!

They truly care about their employees. I have never worked at a company were the CEO , the President the COO and the CFO walk around saying hello to everyone and having conversations with their employees in the cafeteria or in the hallways. In most companies you hardly, if ever sees the executives of the company.
    They truly care about the growth of their employees. If you want to work for a company that cares about your success and is willing to put in the time to give you all the tools and the resources you need to reach your success, Consumer United, Inc. is the place for you to be.

Cons

If you wanted to drive into work parking is expensive.

6 weeks of paid training gave me my licenses and new skill sets

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Boston, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some really nice people who care about you succeeding as a sales agent. You are rewarded for your own hard work, you aren't pulled down by others. I like being responsible for my own earnings.

People get promoted here frequently from the sales floor to managerial positions.

Cons

You have to be willing to put the time and effort in to study for th exam and work on on your sales technique ( although some of the trainers can be helpful if you ask). People that don't put the effort in the training classes, don't last long which is hard if they were your lunch buddy.

Add more men's rooms!!!