There are newer employer reviews for Consumer United

Actual growth oppertunities

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Westborough, MA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time for less than a year

Pros

You work in a positive, supportive, and fast paced sales environment. I have now been working for Consumer United since December 2012. I started in the Back Bay office, but now work in the Westborough office, which is convenient to Metrowest area commuters. The office culture is laid back, but professional. This is a company that has been rapidly growing over the last 5 years or so and there is real opportunity for growth. There is great communication between the executives and lower ranking employees, and they are focused on employee satisfaction. We just got a pool table and ping pong table for the break room at the Westborough.

Cons

Passing the initial licensing tests is very challenging, this is something you will simply be able to breeze through. Training is highly accelerated, but you are given all of the necessary tools to succeed though and help is always available along the way. There are often tech issues that can be frustrating, however even in the short time that I have been here, I have witnessed constant and continuing efforts made to resolve these issues when they arise. The job can be highly stressful, but it is sales, so this should be expected at times. You also need to be thick skinned because some of the people you will be calling are not always going to be polite.

65 Other Employee Reviews for Consumer United (View Most Recent)

Probably the fastest track from entry level to management available in sales industry without being a pyramid scheme.

Current Employee - Licensed Agent  in  Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time for more than a year

Pros

Energetic yet relaxed work environment, tons of sales contests. Enthusiastic atmosphere with constant employee appreciation events. Training department is phenomenal, and ongoing training helps agents that are falling behind. Management is personable and available. Constant face time with CEO, COO, and other execs.

Regarding other reviews, the company, in my time here, has gone through a massive cultural overhaul. The frat-like college party atmosphere has long since been replaced by a focus on professionalism and keeping customers' interests first.

Cons

Can be high pressure, as personal sales goals contribute to team/branch/company goals. At the end of the day, the goal is for everyone to make more money. Competiive nature of job can be tough on thin-skinned.

Bumper Pool table.

Great start-up experience

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, the company is small, still in the start-up phase, but growing. There is a lot of opportunity to get involved in different areas of the business, not just what is related to your role. Also the communication from senior leaders to employees is much better than at some much larger companies I have worked at.

Cons

Lack of name recognition, could have more vacation days.

keep rewarding those who do good work and keep the start-up mentality is the company grows.

There are newer employer reviews for Consumer United

Worked for Consumer United? Contribute to the Community!