Consumer United

There are newer employer reviews for Consumer United

Eh. Eh and more Eh.

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Boston, MA

I worked at Consumer United full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people. Good salary if good.

Cons

Sales tactics. Face to face. Not too fulfilling and rewarding.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Consumer United (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn the skills and gain the experience to be successful in any professional environment.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time

Pros

Great training program that will give you strong sales skills as well as come away with a very valuable insurance license. A fun diverse work environment that encourages hard work and rewards performance.

In a tough job market, Consumer United was willing to take a chance on me and after a little bit of training and hard work I feel I have gained the skills necessary to succeed at any company and in any role.

I made 40K my first year out of school, I think that's pretty good and that's just average, some of my friends made over 50.

Everyone that works here is friendly and continual training is offered if you are not hitting your numbers.

Cons

The exam is very challenging and a lot of people are not able to pass, if you don't devote 100% of your time you will not pass. You will have to study while not

The customers of Consumer United can be a little moody so don't work here if you afraid to hear someone yell, however I'm told it is not nearly as bad as some other sales roles. You need to be able to handle rejection.

If you are even the slightest bit challenged with computers you will struggle.

Great company, oppurtunities and people.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (less than an year)

Pros

* Very friendly co-workers who are all on the same path to success.
    * The managment here in Westboro and in Boston are nothing short of spectacular.
    * The sky is the limit with the oppurtunities available within this great company.

Cons

* Only con, is the rare occasion when dealing with stale leads within the system.

There are newer employer reviews for Consumer United