Eh. Eh and more Eh.

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Boston, MA

I worked at Consumer United full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people. Good salary if good.

Cons

Sales tactics. Face to face. Not too fulfilling and rewarding.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Rapidly growing company with great opportunies for promotion

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Boston, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our company is hiring 30 sales agents per month! The company provides paid licensing and training to hit the ground running. The founder is young and very passionate about making the company a fun and exciting place to be. Location in Back Bay is easy to get to and lots of cool places in area.

Cons

The company expects employees to work hard and deliver goals so can be pressure.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in growing the company

Great place to learn the skills and gain the experience to be successful in any professional environment.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time

Pros

Great training program that will give you strong sales skills as well as come away with a very valuable insurance license. A fun diverse work environment that encourages hard work and rewards performance.

In a tough job market, Consumer United was willing to take a chance on me and after a little bit of training and hard work I feel I have gained the skills necessary to succeed at any company and in any role.

I made 40K my first year out of school, I think that's pretty good and that's just average, some of my friends made over 50.

Everyone that works here is friendly and continual training is offered if you are not hitting your numbers.

Cons

The exam is very challenging and a lot of people are not able to pass, if you don't devote 100% of your time you will not pass. You will have to study while not

The customers of Consumer United can be a little moody so don't work here if you afraid to hear someone yell, however I'm told it is not nearly as bad as some other sales roles. You need to be able to handle rejection.

If you are even the slightest bit challenged with computers you will struggle.