Consumer United

www.consumerunited.com
  www.consumerunited.com
There are newer employer reviews for Consumer United

Learn invaluable skills, work hard and be rewarded all while in a fun, professional, team environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Group of young people creating careers - high energy sales floor
-Culture is professional but not uptight - CEO treats everyone to drinks many Fridays, quarterly employee parties, a lounge with games and TV and couches...like to reward employees for hard work
-Mgmt is accessible -- not typical stuffy corporate suits either
-Give internal promotions
-For those in sales, it introduces them to a huge industry and teaches them valuable lifelong skills -- and it's absolutely the best sales program out there -- nice hourly and commish, plus paid training, plus paid state exam, paid license fees.. team environment with healthy competition. (I'm not even in sales but I'm so impressed with what CU offers, after being in the looking-for-a-job market for so long before coming here)

Cons

-Job roles unclear at times, (who can do what)
-Needs more women in sales and internal women-centered events

Stay smart and fun!

75 Other Employee Reviews for Consumer United (View Most Recent)

Most supportive company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great coworkers!!!
    -Payed for me to take my licensing exams multiple times
    -5 Star training
    -Recognition for your efforts and accomplishments
    -Competitive salary for a sales position
    -Opportunity to rise quickly
    -Westborough office was recently opened so the culture is being rebooted and defined by the wave of new employees being brought in.

Cons

-Network issues due to being a newly opened office

-Dual monitors for sales reps!

Actual growth oppertunities

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You work in a positive, supportive, and fast paced sales environment. I have now been working for Consumer United since December 2012. I started in the Back Bay office, but now work in the Westborough office, which is convenient to Metrowest area commuters. The office culture is laid back, but professional. This is a company that has been rapidly growing over the last 5 years or so and there is real opportunity for growth. There is great communication between the executives and lower ranking employees, and they are focused on employee satisfaction. We just got a pool table and ping pong table for the break room at the Westborough.

Cons

Passing the initial licensing tests is very challenging, this is something you will simply be able to breeze through. Training is highly accelerated, but you are given all of the necessary tools to succeed though and help is always available along the way. There are often tech issues that can be frustrating, however even in the short time that I have been here, I have witnessed constant and continuing efforts made to resolve these issues when they arise. The job can be highly stressful, but it is sales, so this should be expected at times. You also need to be thick skinned because some of the people you will be calling are not always going to be polite.

There are newer employer reviews for Consumer United